The easy-to-use mobile and desktop interface will allow you to make dismissal changes in advance or for the current day. You can also report absences, early dismissals, and even schedule recurring dismissal instructions for after-school activities such as scouting, drama, enrichment programs, soccer practice, etc.
Before school starts, you will receive a welcome email from School Dismissal Manager with temporary login credentials. If your student was at Swanson last year, your login will remain the same. Please email the school secretary if you need another email with credentials. Once you login, please check your child’s default transportation and make sure it is listed correctly. If the default is incorrect and you need to change it, please scroll to the bottom of the change password and Preferences screen.
When creating an exception for the current day, please note that the cut-off time is 3:00 PM. After this time you will need to call the school office to make any changes for the current day.
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
- The Parent Login area is found at the top right of the homepage.
- When you login for the first time, you will be prompted and required to change your password immediately.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide for Creating Exceptions for details on how to use the system.
- As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the homepage. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
- When you start to receive the email notifications of changes or cancellations that are made for your child, please keep in mind that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.) please call the school directly and talk with someone in the office.
- Do not use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child’s “default” dismissal.
- Each school day, School Dismissal Manager will send a comprehensive dismissal report to the school immediately following the cut-off time, allowing administrators and staff to facilitate a smooth dismissal.
Thank you for using this tool to help us keep the dismissal process safe and orderly for all our students. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.