Chess ClubSY 2018 -2019 Champions!
Chess Club started on Tuesday, 3 December this school year, and will end on Tuesday, 31 March. There will be no chess club meeting on 24 March due to my requirement to attend mandatory PEAKS proctor training.
We meet on Tuesdays from 2:25 - 3:45 pm in Mr. Murray's classroom.
We held two chess tournament on 28 January and 11 February.
We will be conducting challenge matches on all the remaining club meetings.
Current Rankings after Tuesday, March 3d are below;
(2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw)
Place Pts Name
1 30 Jace Dean
2 25 Owen Dietz
3 22 Isaac Slottee
4 21 River Brubaker
5 20 Riley Swanson
6 19 Mason Wallstrum,Wes Lund, Finn Quimby
9 18 Isaac Barron, Kade Russell
11 17 Christan Mills-Price, Quentin Warhus*
13 16 Adrien Eliza, Tyler Eli, Kenneth Walton, Caiden Peterson
17 15 Reagan Benedict,
18 14 Nathan Porcello, Aaden Slottee, Jack Fish,
Jaxon Boothby, Stella Rose, Brandon Carr,
24 13 Ethan McNulty, Ben Motz, Eliott Folsom, Kade Drake
28 12 Braden Thomas, Matthew Ross, James Mathews
31 11 Sebastian Brooke, Jaden Foley, Lily Zimnowoda,
34 9 Wade Hastings
35 6 Sage Lindsey, Jacob Mathews, Wyatt Schmitz*
38 5 Cormac McSorley-Ingram,
39 2 Miguel Suarez-Cabal
40 1 Andrew SpanglerSY 2018-2019 summary:Teeland was the 2018-2019 Middle School Chess Champions!Titans placing in the top ten at the school district tournament were:1st place - Jace Dean2d place - Isaac Barron4th place -Adrien Eliza6th place -Riley Swanson7th place - Connor Dafoe8th place - Owen Dietz9th place - Ethan McNultyChess club started on Tuesday, 27 November 2018.We held our first tournament Tuesday, 29 January; Jace Dean won the tournament.On Tuesday, 5 February we hosted the PJMS chess club for a "chess meet" along with 4 students from the Twindly Bridge Charter School chess club. After 4 rounds there were four undefeated students, 3 from Teeland ( Jace Dean, Jayce Underwood, and Adrien Eliza).Starting Tuesday 12 February until spring break, we will be conducting "challenge" matches to finalize our top ten ten players for the school district chess tournament.Current Chess Club Rankings follow:(2 points for a Win; and 1 point for a draw)Place Points Name1 40 Jace Dean2 28 Owen Dietz3 26 Ethan McNulty4 25 Riley Swanson5 22 Oliver Rose, River Brubaker,Isaac Barron, Caiden Peterson9 21 Connor Dafoe, Ryan O'Brien,11 Jayce Underwood, Adrien Eliza,13 Nathan Porcello, Christian Mills Price15 Jaden Foley16 19 Logan Jacobson,17 18 Mason Walstrum,19 17 Kenneth Walton, Owen Walling,Dominique Bodle, Kaden Beistline,23 16 Colton Savala24 15 Miguel Suarez-Cabal,25 14 Jack Fish, James Mathews,Deakan Gross,28 13 James Lane, Vinny Pastorino,30 12 Camden Ward, Victoria Hutcheson,32 11 Cormac McSorley-Ingram,33 9 Kade Drake, Jacob Mathews,Jadon Komis,Brian Anderson,37 7 Colin Estepp,38 3 Dayton Flores,39 2 Lia Suarez-Cabal40 1 Aaron Terry,Teeland was the SY 2017-2018 Middle School Champions!Titans in the Middle School Tournament top 10;Jace Dean - 2d placeGabe Lund -3d placeDallin Rindlisbacher - 6th placeJade Burlingame - 9th placeFINAL chess club rankings for SY 2017-2018 follow -(Wins= 2 pts, Draws =1 pt, Losses = 0 pt)Place Points Name(s)1. 32 Joshua Miles2. 31 Jace Dean3. 30 Guy Beistline, Gabe Lund5. 29 Alec Bruno, Colton Savala7. 28 Jade Burlingame8. 27 Riley Swanson9. 25 Eli Rodriguez, Dallin Rindlisbacher,11. 25 Brison Mead, Garrett Russell,13. Ethan McNulty14. Connor Dafoe15. Caiden Peterson16. Kade Drake, James Lane18. Jadon Foley, Dominick Jennings,Emmett Schumacher, ,21. James Mathews, Elizabeth Elliot,23. 21 Joey Gray25. 20 Mason Hancey, Camden Ward,Melanie Edwards28. 19 Kalei Clement29. 18 Owen Walling30. 17 Jadon Komis, Kaden Beistline31. 15 Jacob Mathews, Wes Lund33. 13 Brian Anderson34. 12 Matias Ramirez, Evan Breager36. 11 Tyler Peterson,37. 8 Sebastian Brown38. 5 Kira Christiansen40. 0 Danyelle GlancySY 2016-2017 summary: We came in 2d to CMS at the middle school chess tournament.We had 42 students in chess club this year.We travelled to PJMS for our first chess meet on 13 December and,hosted PJMS in our library on Tuesday, 17 January for another chess meet.Challenge matches started Tuesday, 31 January and ran every Tuesday through Tuesday, 21 March in order to determine our top 10 players.FINAL rankings as of 22 March.(Wins= 2 pts, Draws =1 pt, Losses = 0 pt)Returning students from last year's top 12 are highlighted in yellow.Place Points Name(s)1. 43 Matthew Johnson2. 37 Dallin Rindlisbacher3. 36 Joel Rykaczewski4. 33 Kayden Payne5-6. 31 Jade Burlingame, Emmett Schumacher7. 28 Garrett Russell8-10. 27 Guy Beistline, Eli Rodriguez, Brison Mead11-13. 26 Alec Bruno, Gabe Ponte, Niles Williams**14-15. 25 KJ Hill**, Joshua Miles**16-21. 22 Jeremiah Barbosa, Connor Dafoe, Angel Estrella,Jace Makamson, Garrett Martinez, Zoe West22-23. 21 Justin Covey, Jacob Ross24. 19 Carlos Suarez25. 17 Jack Haunold,26. 14 Paige Buckalew27. 13 Chris Burwell28-29. 12 Jadon Komis, Kristin Vaddepally30-32. 10 Dominique Bodle,Lauren Porcello, Angelina Welborn33. 7 Ethan Davidson34. 4 Alex Eliza, Colby RatcliffSchool Year 2015-2016 Summary:We won the school district tournament and Matthew Johnson was the middle school champion.
Below is our final club ranking as of 22 March.(Wins= 2 pts, Draws =1 pt, Losses = 0 pt)Returning students from last year's top 12 are highlighted in yellow.Place Points Name1. 42 Nolan Murphy2. 41 Joseph Wilhour**3. 36 Tyler Fronek4. 30 Evan Holler, Matthew Johnson6. 29 Dallin Rindlisbacher7. 28 Kayden Payne, Vinnie Smedley, Niles Williams10. 26 Elias Rodriguez, Joel Rykaczewski11. 25 Joshua Miles12. 23 Brison Mead, Carlos Suarez-Cabal14. 22 KJ Hill, Natalie Morse, Zach Youngblood17. 21 Dominic Jennings, Garrett Russell19. 20 Blade Bray, North Brubaker, Emmett Schumacher22. 19 Michael Edwards23. 18 Iva Thomasen, Liam Thomson25. 17 Nathaniel Adams, Caleb Breding,27. 16 Madison Donovan, Dart Vessey29. 15 Alec Bruno30. 14 Guy Beistline31. 13 Jeremiah Barbosa , Chris Burwell, Rob Picou34. 12 Greg DeArmond, Glenn Steer36. 8 Camden Cowles37. 6 Jack Haunold38. 3 Brian NaglSchool Year 2014-2015 Summary: We won the school district tournament and Tyler Fronek was the middle school champion.
- We had 3 chess meets this past year, two with PJMS and one with WMS.
Place Points Name1. 32 Nigel Smedley2. 31 Kyle Hasse3. 29 Tyler Fronek4. 28 Joseph Wilhour5. 26 Max Degarmo6. 25 Waylen Carney, Vinnie Smedley8. 24 Nolan Murphy, Niles Williams, Kobe Smithson11. 22 KJ Hill, Gabe Pastorino, Trey Whitehead14. 21 Connor Hanson, Evan Holler16. 19 Madison Donovan, Matt Smith18. 18 Blade Bray, Kaden Ketchum20. 17 Idaho A-B., Trinity Jimenez22. 16 Caleb Breding, Alexis Crousore, Svend Lindquist, Zach Youngblood26. 14 Seth Smith27. 13 Ethan Cowles, Julian Delacruz, Jack Haunold30. 11 Michael Edwards31. 10 Micah Nashold32. 8 Miles Laughlin33. 6 Camden Dellar34. 5 Jeremiah Barbosa35. 1 Kendra BamburgSchool Year 2013-2014 summary:We finished 2d in the school district tournament by 1/2 point to the perennial champs WMS.
- Our last chess meet this year was on Tuesday, 24 February, when we hosted PJMS at Teeland. The final club rankings are below.
- We hosted our first meet with WMS on Tuesday, 9 December.
- We travelled to Palmer Jr Middle School for a chess meet on 27 January.
- (Wins= 2 pts, Draws =1 pt, Losses = 0 pts
1. 34 points - Slavik Sosnin2. 33 points - Steven Wright3. 31 - Derrick Wise4. 29 - Vinnie Smedley5. 28 - Greg DeArmond, Joseph Wilhour7. 27 - Matt Goudey,8. 25 - Joshua Brendtro, Kyle Hasse, Joel Ingrim, Gabe Pastorino12. 21 - Connor Hanson, Nigel Smedley14. 20 - Evan Holler15. 19 - Martin Jones, Nolan Murphy, Troy Straughn18. 18 - Caleb Breding, Kobe Smithson20. 17 - Jacob Marsh, Brent McHugh, Tyler Fronek
- Below are our final club rankings for SY 2013-'14.
- ( Win= 2 pts; Draw= 1pt)
23. 15 - Madison Donovan, Brydan Komis, Jamus Schumacher, Nigel West27. 13 - Idaho, Matt Smith, Seth Smith30. 12 - Joshua Taylor31. 11 - Max DeGarmo, Camden Dellar33. 9 - Miles, Madeleine35. 7 - Michael, Zachary
School Year -2012-2013 Summary:
- We had 3 "chess tournaments" this school year, versus Wasilla Middle School (WMS) club on Tuesday, 17 December; and against Palmer Jr Middle School (PJMS) on 3 December and 14 January.
- Chess club started on Tuesday, 5 November this year and runs from 2:30-3:45 pm every Tuesday up to spring break unless we have a chess meet that day.
- We competed in the following chess meets last year; vs PJMS twice; vs HMS twice; vs WMS, and against Midnight Sun Charter school
- We placed third in last year's School district Middle School Tournament on Saturday, 13 April in the Colony Middle School small gym from 8 am to 2:30 pm
- The Club rankings were; Students whose names are italicized did not compete in the school district tournament due to other commitments. Names in bold were those going to the tournament.
- Thorsten Warhus - 32 points
- Steven Wright - 32
- Derrick Wise - 31
- Matthew Goudey - 30
- Martin Jones - 29
- Nigel Smedley -26
- Austin Lardner - 24
- Joel Ingrim - 23
- Matt Yap & Brydan Komis - 21
- Kobe Smithson - 20
- Nevada Shelby -19
- Jacob Jakiemec - 18
- Myles Hammit - 17
- Wyatt Moses, Troy Straughn, & Gabe Pastorini -15
- Brianna Hunt - 14
- Nigel West - 12
- Natalie C - 11
- Frank Slather - 9
- Ky Kistel - 6