CMS Honor Band/Choir/Orchestra EnsemblesFor 6th-8th grade band, choir and orchestra students. This is an auditioned group made up of members from all the Valley Schools. If picked for this, students will be rehearsing in the evening to get ready for the Honor Festival. Then we will spend 2 days rehearsing with all the other students from the other Valley schools with our guest conductors. This year's dates are March 28-29 with the concert on March 28 at Colony HS starting at 6PM.Here is the 2023-2024 Colony MS honor band/choir/orchestra students (will be posted when auditions are done). Congratulation to these students.Auditions will start shortly after Nov. 27, 2023Below is the 2022-2023 schedule of rehearsals so you can see what we have done in the past.
Our rehearsals are as follows:
1. There will be 3 mandatory rehearsals at Colony Middle School Band Room.
Please see Mr. Lambert if you have questions.
Band: Because all the honor students are in Advance band,
we will rehearse the music in class.
Choir: Feb. 16: 2:30-4:00 PM (Thur)
Mar 3: 2:30-4:00 PM (Friday)
Mar. 23: 2:30-4:00 PM (Thur)
Orchestra: Feb. 14: 2:30-4:00 PM (Tues)
Mar. 2: 2:30-4:00 PM (Thur)
Mar. 21: 2:30-4:00 PM (Tues)
2. Dress for the concert (both band, orchestra and choir) is Black and White
3. On Mar. 28-29 at CMS: Here is a tentative schedule:
1. Rehearsal starts about 8:15 AM at CMS (Orchestra is at CHS)
2. Rehearse till about 10:45 AM
3. Lunch is a pack-your-own-lunch meal
4. Rehearse 11:15 AM-1:15 PM.
5 CMS students help with clean up
4. Come to Concert School (Colony HS) on March 31 for warm-up (Choir will be
4:45PM, Band will be 5:00 PM and Orchestra will be 5:15 PM).
5. Concert will be at 6:00 PM at that CHS (you need to get a ride home).
6. If you can not make these dates, then please tell Mr. Lambert ASAP.
Please read the following statements before signing:
1.Students must make all mandatory rehearsals or they can not go (that includes prescheduled trips,
family activities, being sick or forgetting to come). That seems very strict, but with only 4.5 hours
of rehearsal, I need to have them prepared and I need that time. Note: I cannot make up the final
pratice. If a student misses that practice, they will not be able to finalize their 4.5 hour
2.Students are expected to practice their music on their own. They need to have the music in hand
before coming to a rehearsal.
3.Students must bring a pencil, music (they get 1 copy only) and whatever items they need for their
4. Grades will not affect this (for this year), but behavior in school will.
5. Students will be at rehearsal ON TIME (not 1 minute late) with music/pencil and instrument parts.
6. Student need to have all measures of their music numbered as soon as they get the music.This year's permission below (due to Lambert in Jan. 2024)
Need a Copy: 2022-2023 Honor Permission form