Welcome to the RedingtonSchool Nurse Page!"Do today what your future self will thank you for."Hi! I'm Nurse Allen, a graduate of the University of Alaska Anchorage School of Nursing and currently in my 14th year as a registered nurse. I worked for 7 years in maternal-child health at Providence Alaska Medical Center and Mat-Su Regional Medical Center before discovering the joys of school nursing. I thoroughly enjoy caring for the health of middle and high school students so they can make the very best of their education. I am here to support student learning, promote student health, and coordinate the care of health needs, whether acute or chronic. Please feel free to call, email or stop by the nurse's office any time.Back-to-School Reminders:
Nursing Services: You are welcome to contact the nurse if you would like your student to have a height/weight, blood pressure, hearing, vision, dental and/or scoliosis screening.Contact Info:Crystal Allen RN, BSN, NCSNphone: (907)864-5405fax: (907)864-5480email: firstname.lastname@example.org: 7:15 am - 2:45 pm M-F
- Per School Board policy please do not send medications to school with your student (this includes everything from cough drops and beyond).
- All medication must be delivered by a parent/guardian or their adult designee in the original packaging. Prescription medications must have a current prescription label attached.
- Over-the-Counter medications that are permitted to be administered in the school setting include Tylenol(acetaminophen), Motrin(ibuprofen), Benadryl(diphenhydramine), dramamine, lactase, tums and cough drops. Any other OTC medications may only be given with a prescriptive note from a Health Care Provider.
- Please contact the school nurse to complete a permission form if prescription medication needs to be administered to your student during the school year.
- If your student currently has asthma, diabetes, seizures, or history of severe allergies/anaphylaxis please contact the school nurse to start an action plan for the current school year.
I'm Looking For...