WELCOME TO MACHETANZ ELEMENTARY'S PHYSICAL EDUCATION HOMEPAGE!"WHERE FITNESS AND FUN BECOME ONE!"P.E. Teacher - Christa Hayes Email Me Phone - 907-864-2339
Get Ready, Get Set, GO!
It's time for another year of fun and fitness in P.E. with Mrs.Hayes! I am looking forward to another GREAT year of moving an learning. Please check back weekly to find out what is happening in your child's physical education class.
Please click link to stay up to date on what is happening in your child's P.E. program!
To the parents of my amazing students:
When your child comes home from school each day, please do not ask him or her, "What did you play in P.E. today?" Instead, ask, "what did you learn in P.E. today?"
Children learn best when they are given the opportunity to explore their world while moving. My students do not just play games. They learn something new each day.
In a quality physical education program, students learn:
- how to improve their overall fitness
- to perform a variety of skills
- to be responsible for their health and fitness
- how to set achievable goals
- to cooperate with others and accept responsibility for their own behavior
- to socialize with their peers
- and to be confident, independent, and exhibit self-control
Physical Education isn't just playing games. IT'S ABOUT LEARNING, TOO!