Welcome, Class of 2018!Graduation is Wednesday, May 9 at 7:00 p.m. at the Menard Sports Center. Students will need to attend mandatory graduation practice the morning of the 9th, from 9:00 a.m. to noon.Mandatory Senior Graduation Meeting: Thursday, October 26 during Advisory in the Theater. A Jostens representative will be here to go over information for ordering caps/gowns, class rings, and other graduation items. DO NOT MISS THIS MEETING! If you are normally off-campus, please plan to be at school for Advisory on Thursday, 10/26.If you have questions about graduation, please call or email Graduation Coordinator Mrs. McKenney in the Library at email@example.com
Colony High School's Graduation--A Tradition of Excellence
Graduation has always been a dignified and CLASSY ceremony at Colony High School
Like a wedding ceremony, it has this in common:
· People dress up
· People use their best manners
· Like bridesmaids or ushers, people dress in the “costume of the event”—in this case, caps & gowns with a uniform look that states “WE ARE THE CLASS OF 2018!”
· Not a time to express individuality with “special” decorations of caps/gowns that make you stand out or appear different than the rest of your class
· Not a time to disrupt the ceremony for everyone else with things that draw attention away from guest speakers or from one of your fellow graduates who is crossing the stage—in other words, NO STEALING SOMEONE ELSE’S SPECIAL MOMENT PLEASE!
· Things to keep in mind:
· Graduation gowns should be ironed (pressed) or steamed to get out wrinkles
· Clothing is semi-formal/business attire: female graduates are required to wear a dress, skirt, or dress pants; male graduates are required to wear dress slacks, a dress shirt with buttons, and a collar.
· Students are not permitted to go barefoot, wear flip flops, tennis shoes, shorts, or jeans. Caps and gowns MAY NOT be embellished with glitter, sequins, or other decorative elements.
· Students will not be permitted to carry flowers, balloons, or other items with them as they enter the stadium; those items can be given to students after the ceremony concludes and the Alumni Class of 2017 is announced and presented to the audience.
· No writing of any kind on caps.
· No gum, beach balls, silly string, air horns, bubbles, purses, cameras, camcorders, toys, or helium balloons. Let your parents or family keep cameras and purses for you so they are not lost in the crowd.
· No flip flops (too casual for graduation) or awkward high heels that increase the likelihood of you walking like a klutz or, worse, falling on stairs/stage.
· Fees and fines need to be paid and cleared before graduation. THIS INCLUDES RETURN OF ALL TEXTBOOKS/LIBRARY MATERIALS
· These are consequences for poor decisions:
· Removal from graduation ceremony
· Diploma withheld
· Arrest by police;criminal charges
· Charges and fines