Tips for Parents:
- Have your child read aloud to you for at least 20 minutes a day.
- Re-read stories, this helps improve your child's reading fluency.
- Have your child point to the words as they read.
- Write the words on index cards and play Go-Fish or Concentration.
- Discuss the parts of the story; characters, setting, sequence of events, etc.
- Be patient and careful not to criticize.
- If your child is stuck on a word help them sound it out.
- If your child is struggling, try chorally read the story with them.
Last Modified on August 9, 2019
I'm Looking For...