Keeping you informed about your student is paramount. I probably "over communicate", but I want to make certain you know everything that is going on.
- Classroom communications will be posted/archived on this webpage and via the Remind app. Download the Remind app and enter this access code (@drdurbin) to your tech device for current communications. Check this webpage for weekly updates. Different information is posted on each space.
- Your student will also bring home a Monday Mailbag (or first day of the school week) with prior week in class assignments. On the front of the Monday Mailbag, you will notice a communication form. Please take out the work that is in the folder (keep the work at home) and review with your student, sign the form on the correct date, place any comments in the comment box, and have your student return the Monday Mailbag the next school day - no later than Friday (or the last day of the school week). IF the Monday Mailbag does not go home for the week, I will send an email. Oftentimes, when the prior week was a short week or conferences were held, I will hold onto the Monday Mailbag and send it home the following week.
- You will want to have your student login to our Google Classrooms or request parent access to learn more about our daily learning opportunities. Remember to chech your student's binder that includes his/her planner and homework assignments each evening. Initial the planner each evening and double check the homework assignment is completed. If your student struggled on a specific concept, please write me a note on the problem, so I can address this need in class.
- Use your Synergy Parent account to review your student's curriculum progress each week. You can monitor your student's grades and work completion 24/7. With both of us keeping track of student's progress, your student will be very successful.
- I will also make phone calls and send emails to you throughout the week. Please remember during the school day I am teaching; therefore, know that I will respond to emails/phone calls within 24 hours.
- These two tools work together to keep you updated on what is happening in class.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. Remember, communication is a two-way street. Let's keep each other up to date, so your student will be successful this year!
Together in education,
Dr. Durbin, Ed. D.