Larson Elementary Covid Mitigation Plan
Larson Elementary......Home of the Eagles!
School begins at 9:15am
Drop off time should not be before 9:00am
Fast Lane Curbside-Pickup Begins at 3:30pm (please pick students up by 3:55pm)
Office hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm
Principal, Beckie Murphy
email: Beckie.Murphy@matsuk12.us Phone: 907-352-2300
The Larson Elementary Guidelines for Success:
Eagle, Eagle, Eagle. I am an Eagle!
Larson Eagles are:
- E - ENCOURAGING
- A - AMBITIOUS
- G - GENEROUS
- L - LEARNING
- E - EXCELLING
Every day, in every way. We are Eagles!
Excelling Eagles! What's Happening at Larson:
Join us for our Title I Event:Parking Lot BINGO!
1) On Friday, April 23, between 5 & 6:30 come to Larson and as you drive in you will receive a Bingo Kit and a Hot Dog dinner for each member of your family. Bingo Kits will have a Door Prize Ticket included.
2) Choose a place to park. You may tailgate as long as you are socially distancing. This event is being held in the parking lot so for the safety of everyone: ALL children MUST STAY in the car/at your space during the entire event.
*The playground WILL BE CLOSED.
*Bathrooms will be accessible and we will be letting people into the building one person at a time--should you need to use the facilities.
3) We will be using an FM Radio Transmitter, and we will post The Radio Channel at the event. We are excited to use the transmitter so you will be able to hear the numbers called right on your car radio!
4) If you get a BINGO, you can HONK your horn and send a family representative to the front entry to confirm your BINGO and pick a prize. (Children must be accompanied by an adult to choose prizes).
Prizes will be a variety of games, just like the ones we normally have during Math Night.
Door Prize Tickets will be drawn to win Spring Picnic Baskets. **Picnic Baskets will be limited to one basket per household, but games will be Bingo Prizes until they are gone.
***You must be present to win the door prizes, and drawings will happen every 30 minutes.
We hope you can join us and we will be playing, rain or shine!
2021 Track and Field
Track and Field is being offered to Fifth Grade students this year. It will begin on Monday, April 12th and run through Thursday, May 13th. Practices will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:45pm - 5:00pm.
The district Track Meet is on Saturday, May 15th.
BOUNDARY EXEMPTION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE!
- Students that do not live in the Larson Elementary boundary that would like to attend Larson for the 2021-2022 school year need to fill out a Boundary Exemption Form. Forms can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (907)352-2345 for approval. Forms are due by Friday, April 30th.
- If your student is on a current Boundary Exemption at Larson Elementary, you will need to fill out another form for the 2021-2022 school year.
Message from our FTA
(Family, Teacher Association)
We are getting things rolling with our FTA. We have a new website up and running that will allow us to take membership payments online, as well as post events, sell fundraising products and of course accept donations.
Please check it out! https://larson-elementary-pta.square.site — we have added a link to our membership form that can be printed off and sent in with your kid in their homework folders. Please simply fill it out and send in your membership fee, or write paid online on the top if you have chosen to pay on our website.
Thank you so much for all the interest in getting involved, we look forward to meeting with everyone real soon. — Larson FTA
When: Friday, May 14th
Don't forget to bring 50 cents for this delicious snack! All proceeds benefit our Family Teacher Association (FTA).
PANCAKES WITH PARENTS
We were so excited to provide each of our families a complete Pancake Meal Kit for you and your Larson Eagle(s) to make and enjoy together! This kit was sent home on Tuesday, March 3rd.
In celebration of Dr. Seuss Week, and in conjunction with our Pancake Meal Kit, we enclosed a copy of an all-time kid-favorite book, “If You Give A Pig A Pancake”. Reading with your child(ren) and encouraging your children to read on their own, is one of the best fundamental skills you can practice with them. We hope you enjoy sharing this fun and happy book with your Larson Eagle(s)!
A video recording of Mrs. Murphy reading aloud “If you Give a Pig A Pancake” is posted below. Feel free to read along with the Principal!
Larson Eagles are the Best!
Khris Norton, Title 1 Coordinator
Beckie Murphy, Principal
Welcome to Kindergarten at Larson!
We can't wait to meet our new Larson Eagles! Kindergarten Registration will open on Thursday, July 1, 2021. Parents can register by clicking here.
In an effort to make the transition to Kindergarten a fun and successful experience, the Larson Kindergarten Team will be “rolling in” students.
Individual appointments will be held, each lasting approximately 45-60 minutes. During the individual meeting students will get to do a scavenger hunt and explore the school and the playground. Kindergarten teachers will be contacting parents in August with their child’s roll-in date/time.
A small group orientation will be held, lasting two hours. The small group orientation will be run as a “mini day” so students will become familiar with routines and class expectations. Parents please plan to drop off and pick up your student during the small group session. Kindergarten teachers will be contacting parents In August with their child’s orientation date/time.
Important Kindergarten Links
Larson Covid-19 Information
The health and safety of our students, teachers, staff, and Larson family members is our top priority. The MSBSD has created a website specifically designed to house the most updated information regarding the virus. Please visit the website below for up to dateinformation and important resource guides.
We have several at home learners at Larson this year. We want our at home learners to be able to stick to the Larson morning routine. Please click on the videos below to help you and your child/children off to a great start each school day morning!
Remote Learning Resources
On March 16, 2020, a new phase of education began for Mat-Su schools. This new phase involves adaptability and flexibility for educators, students, and MSBSD families.
- At-school elementary students will be in the building assigned to a teacher's class and may participate in specials such as music and library.
- At-home learning students will be part of the Mat-Su Virtual Learning School who will be assigned to a teacher who will meet with the students on Zoom and guide them through the selected computer-based curriculum. Parents will act as learning coaches for students in this model.
- The hybrid model will offer students, who are being taught in the building, access to the same online curriculum being used by virtual students. This virtual curriculum will be blended into lessons along with other activities. If the school needs to close, the students will use this online curriculum for remote learning.
This is an unprecedented challenge for our community and nation, but the same innovative and collaborative spirit that has allowed us to increase academic achievement and growth for our students in the MSBSD will likewise carry us through these trying circumstances. From your home in the Mat-Su Valley to wherever this message finds you, we wish you and your family the very best.
Dr. Justin Ainsworth, Associate Superintendent of Instruction
Students of the Month
Students of the Month are chosen by their teachers because they exemplify academic excellence, exhibit exceptional character, and show their Larson pride! We applaud all our star students!March 2021 Students of the MonthTo celebrate, a pizza lunch and icecream treat was delivered to our star students in their classrooms on April 14, 2021. Mrs. Murphy visited each classroom and presented the students with their certificates.KindergartenJesiah H.Addison F.First GradeTaren J.Kallan G.Kambria D.Second GradeRuger T.Shayla D.Third GradeAddison DNeil N.Sienna E.Fourth GradeTevyn H.Grace L.Fifth GradeRozlyn J.Olivia B.At Home LearnersAdrianna W. - KindergartenEmma M. - 5th GradeMusicThomas O. - Fourth GradePhysical EducationPorter W. - First GradeLibrary Learning CentersLucas S. - Fifth Grade
Larson Photo Gallery
Larson Newsletters - Stay Up to Date!
Popcorn Fridays are back and they are DELICIOUS!
Fifty cents gets you a bag of this delicious treat! All proceeds benefit the Larson Family Teacher Association (FTA) and the classroom teachers.
Popcorn Fridays are every other Friday of the month. Get ready......it's delicious!
- September 11th and 25th
- October 9th and 23rd
- November 6th and 20th
- December 4th and 18th
- January 8th and 22nd
- February 5th and February 26th (no popcorn on 2/19)
- March 19th - Lucky Popcorn!
- April 2nd and 16th
- May 14th
Eagle Decals are available for 3.00 each or 2 for $5.00. Stop by the front office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get yours today!