MSBSD process regarding School Closures and Late Buses
Bus delay information will be sent when a bus is running more than 15 minutes late directly to families.
- District Personnel will do their best to determine by 5:00 A.M. the status of all school closures and or delays. This decision to close or not close schools is informed by weather and road conditions throughout the Mat-Su.
- Parents can use their discretion to keep their child home if they feel that is the best course of action for their family. Parents can notify the school of the absence and make a plan to make up any missed work.
- Knowing that the Mat-Su does experience frozen rain, hail, snow and strong winds, and cold temperatures, the District encourages all students to dress appropriately for the weather.
The following methods will be used to inform the public of school closures or bus delays:
- MSBSD Facebook page - Like us on Facebook! Our page will be updated with the most current information. Facebook posts are embedded below. Click the like button to follow us.
- MSBSD Website Headlines - Check the first headline for updated information.
- Blackboard Mass Notification - Text, Phone and Email messages with most current information will be sent to all contacts for students riding affected buses.
- Call the School Closure Line - (907) 746.9200 and dial 8.
- Where's My Bus - Parents can use this tool to see where their student's bus is. Use your district family number as the username and password.
I'm Looking For...