MSBSD is always accepting applications for Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, and School Psychologists.CERTIFICATED HIRING PROCESS: We post internal positions on the 1st and 15th of each month from April-July. We post each position for 7 days, and our Principals & Hiring Administrators interview and consider internal applicants first. If no internal applicants are hired for an internal position, then we look to our Out-Of-District external pool.
Current Co-Curricular Needs:
2022-23 Houston High School Head Football Coach
- Demonstrated record of successful communication with teenage athletes, parents, teachers, community and administrators.
- Ability to create and maintain a program promoting the development of the total student/athlete with an emphasis on physical and academic excellence, sportsmanship, team and school pride and respect for fans, coaches, team mates and opponents.
- Ability to set a positive example through appropriate role modeling.
- Understanding of multiple facets of specific sport fundamentals, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge and application of general and sport specific safety procedures.
- Demonstrated successful coaching of the sport at a recognized competitive level.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification or to be completed prior to the start of the season.
- Understanding of and adherence to the Houston High School, MSBSD and ASAA guidelines.
- Applicants must be able to meet the Houston High School schedule of events and practices.
- Applicants will be able to meet all requirements to possess an ASAA Coaching Certificate.
- Completed MSBSD Extra Curricular Packet including an interested persons report for non-MSBSD district applicants.
- Preferred but not required: Alaska Type A Teaching Certificate
- Submit (hard copy or e-mail) a letter of application, current resume, and two letters of reference to:
Assistant Principal/Activities Director-Houston High School
PO Box 940315
Houston, AK 99694
Review of applications will begin:
- Wednesday, April 20th
MSBSD Certified Employee Recruitment
Watch this video and then submit an online application and select the appropriate External Applicant Pool.MSBSD is actively seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Special Education Teachers
Out-of-District or External applicants are considered for vacancies from the applicant pool maintained in AppliTrack. MSBSD accepts certified applications year round, but we recommend you complete an online application through AppliTrack in the winter/spring prior to the start of the school year.MSBSD will be conducting Prescreening Skype/Phone/In-Person interviews for qualified applicants. Prescreens will start 2/1/2021, will not be done after June 1st. A pre-screening interview is recommended for any applicants that wants to be considered for early hire in spring. A completed application must be received prior to scheduling pre-screen interview. Applicants applying after this time can still be considered for hire.
- School Counselors
- School Psychologists
- Deaf Education
- Adaptive Physical Education
Alaska Teaching CertificateApplicants can be considered for employment prior to receiving an Alaska Teaching Certificate. Although, Alaska law requires that a teacher hold a valid Alaska Teaching Certificate. You will receive a yellow postcard in the mail signifying the acceptance of a complete and valid application. Until a yellow card or valid Alaska Teaching Certificate is received, an applicant cannot sign a contract or be employed as a certified employee (and will garner substitute wages). Teachers, counselors, librarians, administrators, related services providers, and school nurses are all considered certified employees. Please visit the Department of Education and Early Development for more information about acquiring Alaska Certification.
MSBSD Salary SchedulesMSBSD offers a competitive salary package that reflects an employees education and years of experience.Mat-Su Principals Association (Principals and Assistant Principals)Mat-Su Education Association (Teachers, OTs, PTs, SLPs, School Psychologists, Guidance Counselors and School Nurses)Classified Education Association (School Support Staff, Nutrition Services, Operations & Maintenance, IT and Custodial)Substitute/Temporary Worker Pay Matrix (Substitutes, IT Interns, Student Workers, Adult Workers)
MSBSD Benefit DescriptionsMSBSD offers a competitive benefit package that reflects an employees education and years of experience.
Please read this attachment completely before applying.Application Deadlines:Experiences for Spring Semester- October 15Experiences for Fall Semester - April 15Student teacher placements in MSBSD are unpaid internships for students currently enrolled in a university. Prospective interns are required to submit an online application and to upload supporting documents. Please apply 4-6 months prior to our anticipated student teaching start date.
I'm Looking For...