Pre-AP Information for Students & Families
What Pre-AP Is:
- Pre-AP features grade-level instruction intended to give all students the opportunity for growth.
- Pre-AP offers a focused framework, instructional support, model lessons, classroom assessments, and an optional final exam.
- Pre-AP focuses on skills that students will need to succeed in AP courses, college, and career
What Pre-AP Is Not:
- Pre-AP is not an honors program—it’s grade-level instruction that meets students where they are.
- Pre-AP is not a curriculum. Although robust model lessons are provided, teachers have the flexibility to design their own instruction based on the course framework.
- Pre-AP does not have a mandatory final exam and does not provide college credit.
The Pre-AP Program's objectives are to:
- Offer every student access to a high-quality education that prepares them for success in high school and beyond
- Provide educators with engaging resources and targeted assessments to support student success with grade-level expectations.
I'm Looking For...