Congratulations to the class of 2022!
Our ceremony this year is scheduled for May 18th 2022 7PM @ The Curtis Menard Center.
If you have any questions about graduation, please contact our graduation coordinator, Stephanie Haase 907-861-5538.
Counseling recommended Senior Timeline
- Missed the deadline for Cap and Gown orders? Don't fret, you can still order through Jostens. But don't delay, the longer you wait the more you risk not getting your items in time to walk for graduation!
- Senior Photos were due December 1st. Upload to Walsworth Yearbook password is knights.
- Senior Quotes were due December 15th and can be submitted here.
- Buy a personalized senior ad at www.yearbookforever.com deadline is February 28th. Full Page $225, Half Page $150, Quarter Page $90
November 30th - Jostens Cap and Gown Orders Due!
December 1st - Senior Photos Due!
December 15th - Senior Quotes Due!
February 28th - Yearbook Orders Due!
February 28th - Personalized Senior Yearbook Ads Due!
Zoom Link for financial aid night.
November 9th&10th A and B lunch in the theater
Each meeting will offer the same information, you only need to attend one. We will be going over cap and gown orders, where to locate senior information, how to submit senior photos, and more!
Colony High School's Graduation--A Tradition of Excellence
Graduation has always been a dignified and CLASSY ceremony at Colony High School
Like a wedding ceremony, it has this in common:
- People dress up
- People use their best manners
- Like bridesmaids or ushers, people dress in the “costume of the event”—in this case, caps & gowns with a uniform look that states “WE ARE THE CLASS OF 2022!”
- Not a time to express individuality with “special” decorations of caps/gowns that make you stand out or appear different than the rest of your class
- Not a time to disrupt the ceremony for everyone else with things that draw attention away from guest speakers or from one of your fellow graduates who is crossing the stage—in other words, NO STEALING SOMEONE ELSE’S SPECIAL MOMENT PLEASE!
- Things to keep in mind:
- Graduation gowns should be ironed (pressed) or steamed to get out wrinkles
- Clothing is semi-formal/business attire: female graduates are required to wear a dress, skirt, or dress pants; male graduates are required to wear dress slacks, a dress shirt with buttons, and a collar.
- Students are not permitted to go barefoot, wear flip flops, tennis shoes, shorts, or jeans. Caps and gowns MAY NOT be embellished with glitter, sequins, or other decorative elements.
- Students will not be permitted to carry flowers, balloons, or other items with them as they enter the stadium; those items can be given to students after the ceremony concludes and the Alumni Class of 2022 is announced and presented to the audience.
- No writing of any kind on caps.
- No gum, beach balls, silly string, air horns, bubbles, purses, cameras, camcorders, toys, or helium balloons. Let your parents or family keep cameras and purses for you so they are not lost in the crowd.
- No flip flops (too casual for graduation) or awkward high heels that increase the likelihood of you walking like a klutz or, worse, falling on stairs/stage.
- Fees and fines need to be paid and cleared before graduation. THIS INCLUDES RETURN OF ALL TEXTBOOKS/LIBRARY MATERIALS
- These are consequences for poor decisions:
- Removal from graduation ceremony
- Diploma withheld
- Arrest by police;criminal charges
- Charges and fines