Congratulations to the class of 2021!
If you have any questions about graduation, please contact our graduation coordinator, Stephanie Haase 907-861-5538.
Keep Up with the Class of 2021 on Instagram https://instagram.com/colony_knights2021?r=nametag
Counseling recommended Senior Timeline
Wristbands will be available for pick up with Mrs. Haase in the library begining Monday, May 10th stop by and get your anytime between 7:30am-2:45pm to get yours!
Caps and Gowns are in! Check with the front office to pick up your order.
All library materials INCLUDING Chromebooks must be returned by May 13th in order to walk for graduation.
Go to Jostens for ordering information.
Click here to watch the April Mandatory Senior Meeting
Practice Our Senior Dance!
Ticket and Ceremony Information:
- Each student will be receiving 14 wristbands.
- Students will be notified when wristbands become available for pickup.
- These wristbands will be an admission ticket to the stadium, everyone entering will need to have one on their wrist (graduates will NOT be required to have a wristband).
- We encourage seniors to network with others if they need more wristbands or have more than they will use.
- Please note at this year's ceremony we will be requiring masks for all in attendance, including graduates. Social distancing measures will also be in place.
Don't forget to vote for your Senior Superlatives!
Adopt a Senior
This Facebook group gives encouragement to seniors that weren't able to experience a true senior year due to the Covid pandemic (ie. missing out on school dances, prom, going to school and more). The group allows a parent, guardian, friend or loved one to nominate a senior for “adoption” in a post on the group.
If this sounds like something you would be interested you can find more information at https://www.facebook.com/groups/741102846293827/?ref=share
Feburary 28th - Senior Ad pages for the 2021 yearbooks are due to firstname.lastname@example.org
March 15th - Orders MUST be palced by this date to receive your caps and gowns in time for graduation.
March 19th - Auditions for graduation talent/speeches will be held in the choir room. Talent auditions @ 12PM, Speech Auditions @2PM. Speeches should be approximately 3 minutes and you must bring a typed copy with you for submission.
March 19th - Senior artwork submissions (to be used on the graduation program) can be emailed or hand delivered to Mrs. Haase in the library, email@example.com. Submissions must be received by March 19th to be considered.
ASAP- Senior slideshow submissions post your photos here, CHS access code is knights, be sure to comment that the photos are intended for the senior sldieshow in the description.
If you missed the Senior Financial Aid Night see the links here for more information:
Colony High School's Graduation--A Tradition of Excellence
Graduation has always been a dignified and CLASSY ceremony at Colony High School
Like a wedding ceremony, it has this in common:
- People dress up
- People use their best manners
- Like bridesmaids or ushers, people dress in the “costume of the event”—in this case, caps & gowns with a uniform look that states “WE ARE THE CLASS OF 2021!”
- Not a time to express individuality with “special” decorations of caps/gowns that make you stand out or appear different than the rest of your class
- Not a time to disrupt the ceremony for everyone else with things that draw attention away from guest speakers or from one of your fellow graduates who is crossing the stage—in other words, NO STEALING SOMEONE ELSE’S SPECIAL MOMENT PLEASE!
- Things to keep in mind:
- Graduation gowns should be ironed (pressed) or steamed to get out wrinkles
- Clothing is semi-formal/business attire: female graduates are required to wear a dress, skirt, or dress pants; male graduates are required to wear dress slacks, a dress shirt with buttons, and a collar.
- Students are not permitted to go barefoot, wear flip flops, tennis shoes, shorts, or jeans. Caps and gowns MAY NOT be embellished with glitter, sequins, or other decorative elements.
- Students will not be permitted to carry flowers, balloons, or other items with them as they enter the stadium; those items can be given to students after the ceremony concludes and the Alumni Class of 2021 is announced and presented to the audience.
- No writing of any kind on caps.
- No gum, beach balls, silly string, air horns, bubbles, purses, cameras, camcorders, toys, or helium balloons. Let your parents or family keep cameras and purses for you so they are not lost in the crowd.
- No flip flops (too casual for graduation) or awkward high heels that increase the likelihood of you walking like a klutz or, worse, falling on stairs/stage.
- Fees and fines need to be paid and cleared before graduation. THIS INCLUDES RETURN OF ALL TEXTBOOKS/LIBRARY MATERIALS
- These are consequences for poor decisions:
- Removal from graduation ceremony
- Diploma withheld
- Arrest by police;criminal charges
- Charges and fines