The CHS Library is an Official Passport Acceptance Facility
We are open to the public.
Save time and avoid lines - have your passport application accepted at CHS!
Call 861-5538 or email Stephanie.Haase@matsuk12.us to schedule your appointment today. Appointments are required.
Availability Mon-Fri 8AM-2:30PM.
We are OPEN for passport appointments, but scheduling on average a week out.
Due to Covid-19, passport delays are to be expected and the application processes can take up to 9 weeks (currently, check US Department of State for the most current processing times) from the day an application is submitted to an acceptance facility. Expedited service (for an additional $60) can take up to 5 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received. The 5-week timeframe includes additional time for processing and mailing times on the front and back end.
What do I need at the time of application?
- Completed application packet (form DS-11)
- Original copy of evidence of US citizenship (birth certificate works if born in the US)
- Valid photo ID
- One Passport photo
- Passport application fee for each application (a check is required for payment to the US Department of State)
- Payment for CHS (check or cash are both accepted)
- If the application is for a minor, both parents must be present with photo ID at the time of application.
What are the fees?
Each application must have a separate check made out to the US Dept. of State for the processing fee.
- Adults (16yo or older/good for 10 years)
- Passport book $130
- Passport card $30
- Minors (under 16yo/good for 5 years)
- Passport book $100
- Passport card $15
- Expedited service
- Add an additional $60
- Execution fee
- Each application also requires a $35 fee to Colony High School which can be paid by cash or check.
Note: Colony High School does not provide passport photos at this time.
For more information or to complete the necessary forms online, check out the US Department of State website.