The CHS Library is an Official Passport Acceptance Facility
We are open to the public.
Save time and avoid lines - have your passport application accepted at CHS!
Call 907-861-5538 or email Stephanie.Haase@matsuk12.us to schedule your appointment today. Appointments are required.
Availability Mon-Fri 9AM-2:00PM on days school is in session.
Passport Services have resumed August 28th 2023
We are OPEN for passport appointments, but scheduling on average a week out.
The application process can take up to 13 weeks (always check US Department of State for the most current processing times) from the day an application is received by passport services. Expedited service (for an additional $60) can take up to 9 weeks.
Are you eligible to renew? Check here to find out: DS-82
If you meet the criteria, you don't have to see an acceptance facility before submitting your application.
What do I need at the time of the acceptance appointment?
- Completed application packet (form DS-11)
- Original copy of evidence of US citizenship (birth certificate works if born in the US)
- Valid photo ID
- One Passport photo
- Passport application fee for each application (a check is required for payment to the US Department of State)
- Payment for CHS (check or cash are both accepted)
- If the application is for a minor, both parents must be present with photo ID at the time of application.
What are the fees?
Each application must have a separate check made out to the US Dept. of State for the processing fee.
- Adults (16yo or older/good for 10 years)
- Passport book $130
- Passport card $30
- Minors (under 16yo/good for 5 years)
- Passport book $100
- Passport card $15
- Expedited service
- Add an additional $60
- Execution fee
- Each application also requires a $35 fee to Colony High School which can be paid by cash or check.
Note: Colony High School does not provide passport photos at this time.
For more information or to complete the necessary forms online, check out the US Department of State website.