Academy Dress Code Requirements
Shirts- All shirts must have a collar Colors: Black, Navy blue, Cobalt Blue, /Maize, White
Two shirt styles must have a collar:
- Polo with collar OR a button up “Oxford” type dress shirt with traditional collar
- Long or short sleeved with a collar.
Pants, Shorts, Capri’s, Skirt Colors: Black, Navy, Khaki
Must fit at waist: No skin hugging pant, or yoga type pant or pencil pant.
Pants Styles: Cargo style, Chino style, corduroy style.
- Skirt and shorts: length must be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Pleated skirt or A-line skirt acceptable. Colors: Black, Navy, Khaki
- No lace, ruffles, sparkly materials or other embellishments.
Two style options: Polo style dress (long or short sleeve)
OR Jumper with polo shirt under
- Colors: Black, Navy, Khaki
Layering ONLY Navy Blue layering is allowed
to be worn in the classroom/no designs, logos or
Styles: Pullover, long sleeve, short sleeve, vest, V-neck, crewneck, button up, zip front, sport coat/blazer, no hoods
- Simple Belts: Black or brown (no added embellishments) no fashion/decorative belt buckles
- Tights/leggings (only to be worn under skirts or dresses) no design solid color of maize, navy, black, white only no other color or patterns or embellishments.
- Scarves, ties and any other accessories must be solid colors: blue, black, yellow or white.
All clothing must be clean; no rips, tears, holes or stains will be permitted.
No coats or non-Academy Sweatshirts may be worn in the classrooms at any time
Academy School’s LOGO t-shirts and LOGO sweatshirts, purchased from Academy (no sports attire) may be
worn at any time. No other sweatshirts are allowed.
No logos are acceptable on shirts.
School uniform on all school days, including fieldtrips.
All uniforms requirements are monitored and enforced
I understand that in order for my child to attend at Academy we will willing comply and enforce the uniform dress code and understand that failure to adhere to the dress code requirements can be grounds of dismissal.
I, ______________________ and my student(s) __________________________________
Parent Signature __________________________________Date__________________
Enforcing the School Uniform Dress Code Policy
- During the morning greeting, the staff take a quick glance to determine whether or not students are in the required uniform dress code clothes.
- Staff will notify the office if a student is not compliance with the uniform dress code policy.
- An occasional inspection of all students in the classroom may occur to ascertain compliance with the uniform dress code policy. All students will stand in order for a quick inspection to occur. If a student is not compliant with the uniform dress code policy, they will to go to the office as per the procedures below.
Procedures if a student does not comply with the uniform dress code policy:
Extra uniform clothing may be available in our Academy Closet. (Sizes and availability varies, as these are donated items) The student will change into the clothes from the Academy Closet. The student is welcome to keep the clothing they change into. If no clothing is available, the parent can bring in uniform clothing so their child may change. The noncompliance is noted.
Extra uniform clothing may be available in our Academy Closet. If so, the student will change into the clothes from the Academy Closet. (Sizes and availability varies, as these are donated items) The student is welcome to keep the clothing they change into. If no clothing is available, the parent may bring in uniform clothing so their child may change. The parent may be asked to take the student home to change, and return in the appropriate uniform clothing. The noncompliance is noted.
The parent may be asked to take the student home to change, and return in the appropriate uniform clothing. Plus a conference with the parent will be scheduled and subject to further disciplinary action. The administrator will hold a conference with the parent/guardian to discuss the mandatory uniform dress code policy.