Welcome to Native Youth Olympics (NYO), 2021
CMS NYO for 6th graders begins on Monday, January 11, 2021. There is no fee for 6th grade NYO. In order to participate, four things are required:
1. Sign up on PlanetHS
2. Current Physical must be on file at CMS
3. Download Permission to Participate/Covid Waiver. Must be returned before you are allowed to practice.
4. Download a copy of the CMS NYO Team Rules. Please sign/return to Coach Olsen.
JR. NYO OR JNYO: 6th graders compete at the JNYO level. Due to COVID 19, the following protocols will be observed during the season:
1. Practices are Monday - Thursday from 2:30 - 3:45PM. There are no practices on Friday.
2. Athletes must be picked up after practice by 4:00PM.
3. Masks will be worn by coaches and athletes at all times, even when practicing and competing.
4. This year we will no longer use shared equipment. There will be no Eskimo Stick Pull, Arm Pull, or Wrist Carry.
5. The events for this year will include Alaskan High Kick, One-Foot High Kick, Two-Foot High Kick, Seal Hop, Kneel Jump, and Scissor Broad Jump.
6. Athletes are required to answer a series of COVID 19 screening questions daily before they are allowed to practice and/or compete.
7. There will be no shaking of hands with judges, coaches, and fellow athletes.
8. Hand sanitizer will be available at all practices and meets.
The 6th grade competition at Houston Jr./Sr. High on February 6, 2021 has been cancelled. Possible reschedule dates are February 13 and February 20. More information will be posted when it becomes available.
Due to Covid 19, there will be no spectators allowed at the competition on February 6, 2021. Athletes will need to be dropped off and picked up after they finish competing for the day. The competition will be viewable via NFHS Live Stream.
If you have any other questions, please contact CMS coach Scott Olsen at (907) 761-1545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.