Admission Assessments - Accuplacer & ALEKS
The Mat-Su College (MSC) requires two assessments to determine your level of skill and which courses are the most appropriate for your enrollment. The two assessments are the Accuplacer (English) and ALEKS (math). A student must meet the minimum score requirement on the Accuplacer and/or ALEKS to be considered eligible for enrollment. Assessments are proctored on the Mat-Su College Campus. Please note that you must register to take the Mat-Su Middle College Placement Test to waive the assessment fee for Accuplacer & ALEKS.
The Accuplacer benchmark score is 530. Accuplacer may be taken 2 times per semester, with a proctor, on the Mat-Su College Campus. You must pre-register for the Accuplacer assessment.
The ALEKS benchmark score is 30. ALEKS may be taken up to 5 times per school year, with a proctor, on the Mat-Su College Campus. Between each ALEKS assessment attempt, a student must complete a three-hour tutorial tailored specifically to the student after the assessment. You must pre-register for the ALEKS.
The Mat-Su Middle College School will offer many opportunities for applicants to take the Accuplacer and the ALEKS. To register, sign up here: Mat-Su Middle College School Accuplacer and ALEKS Test Dates
The Mat-Su College offers a comprehensive testing calendar Monday through Friday. To register, sign up here: Mat-Su College Accuplacer and ALEKS Test Dates
Instructions for Completing the Mat-Su College Test Registration
1) Choose Mat-Su Middle College Placement Tests
2) Choose Accuplacer or ALEKS for Middle College for Middle College
3) Choose an exam Accuplacer or ALEKS for Middle College
4) Choose a Date
5) Choose a Time
6) Complete who is taking the exam
7) Agree to the Exam guidelines acknowledgement
*Complete one registration each for Accuplacer and ALEKS.
*MSMCS applicant test fees are WAIVED. If you are asked to pay a test fee, please reread the instructions, start over or contact the MSMCS for instructions.
Please bring with you to the Accuplacer & ALEKS assessments:
- Official ID such as drivers license, current school ID
- University of Alaska ID (UA ID) - to Request UA ID visit: Apply for University of Alaska ID
- University of Alaska log-in credentials - to create UA log-in credentials visit: UA Credentials and Password
Once your UA ID is established, you will receive an email from UA with information to create UA credentials and set a password. Please follow the instructions from the email in its entirety.
TEST PREP for Accuplacer:
- APEX Accuplacer Study Guide
TEST PREP for ALEKS: