College, Careers, and Scholarships
Click here for your Senior Checklist
The Alaska Performance Scholarship
Students must take
4 credits in Science, Math, Social Studies, and Language Arts or
3 credits in Science and Math, 4 credits in Social Studies and Language Arts, and 2 credits in a World Language to qualify.
Check out the Alaska Performance Scholarship Website for more information.
To apply for the Alaska Performance Scholarship and other financial aid opportunities, students must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by June 30th of each year. Visit fafsa.gov
To qualify, students must meet minimum test scores on the ACT, SAT, or WorkKeys. Students are strongly encouraged to test between September and March of their senior year to ensure there is enough time for test scores to be recorded on their official transcript.
ACT/SAT Testing Date 2022-2023
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
2023-24 FAFSA Form Available The new 2023–24 FAFSA form is here! Some states and schools have limited funds, so don’t delay! To begin your application, select the “START HERE” button on the FAFSA homepage.
Scholarships are arriving and closing. Please complete your post-secondary applications, FAFSA, and check in with your counselor for upcoming scholarships. Many scholarships for UAA, UAF, and UAS close on Feb. 15th. Get your applications and FAFSA completed soon!!!
Click on the links below to learn more about college.
Find the right college for you.
Click on the links below to learn more about careers.
O-Net - What job is right for you? O*Net can help!
What do you want to do for a living?
Career information about hundreds of occupations.
Use AKCIS to build resumes, find scholarships, research jobs and more!
Login using Clever
Search MSBSD Ak. Scholarships and Due Dates
MSBSD Teacher Preparation Scholarship Loan Program.
Samples of scholarship links are listed below:
- ACF Art Jess Scholarship FY21
- ACF Chef Cotter Scholarship FY21
- ACF Dr John Halligan Scholarship FY21
- ACF Dreams to Fly Jeff Cheng Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Harry Hirshik Scholarship FY21
- ACF Liam Hood Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Scott Filbranz Memorial Baseball and Softball Scholarship FY21
- ACF Senator Bettye Davis Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Shelly Szepanski Memorial Flight Scholarship FY21
- ACF The GCI Scholarship FY21
- ACF THS Patricia Roppel Scholarship FY21
- ACF Tim Akers Memorial Scholarship FY21
- ACF Toby Gamble and Janet Tolan Gamble Educational Scholarship FY21
- ACF JJ Klein Scholarship FY21
- AISES Scholarships FY21
- Alaska Carpenter Apprenticeship FY21
- Alaska CHARR Charles Selman Scholarship FY21
- Alaska School Counselor Assoc. Scholarships FY21
- Alaska Hotel and Lodging Assoc. Hospitality Scholarship FY20
- Alaska Peace Officer's Association Scholarship FY21
- Alaska Power Association-IBEW Local 1547 Scholarship FY23
- Alaska Power Association Hank Nikkels Scholarship for Engineers FY23
- Albert Lee Wright Jr Memorial Scholarship FY23
- ANTHC Board Of Directors Scholarship FY21
- Arctic Chiropractic Scholarship FY21
- Assoc. General Contractors of Alaska AGC Scholarship FY21
- BBB Students of Integrity Scholarship FY21
- Big Lake Lions Scholarship FY23
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council (HPOG) Scholarship FY21
- Denali Federal Credit Union Scholarship FY20
- Elizabeth Gaines and Katherine Steele Scholarship FY20
- Elks Scholarship
- Elks ASEA Vocational Grant FY21
- Follow Your Dream Scholarship FY21
- Indian Health Services IHS Scholarship FY21
- JBER Spouses' Club Scholarship FY21
- Lockheed Martin Scholarship FY23
- Lee Warner Classified Employee Assoc MSBSD.pdf FY20
- Mat Su Health Foundation Academic Scholarship FY23
- Matanuska Electric Assoc. Inc MEA Scholarship FY23
- Matanuska Masonic Foundation Ed. Grants FY21
- Mat-Su College Scholarship List FY21
- Mat Su College CTSO Performance Based Assessment Scholarship FY21
- Mat Su College: Opportunities Start Here Scholarship FY21
- Mat Su Schools Foundation Scholarships FY21
- McClain "Mack" Easton Memorial Scholarship FY21
- Mat Su MLK Jr. Foundation Scholarship FY23
- UA Foundation Mike Ardaw Scholarship FY21
- MSEA Scholarship FY21
- MTA Foundation Scholarship FY23
- MTA Foundation for Rural Services FY21
- Northland Pioneer Grange No. 1 Scholarship FY20
- PB & J Scholarship FY21
- Sunshine Community Health Center Scholarship FY21
- Sven & Lorraine Eriksson Alaska Scholarship FY21
- True North Scholarship FY23
- Valley Board of Realtors Scholarship FY23
- Warren N Cuddy Scholarship FY23
- Wasilla Rotary: Outstanding Leadership Scholarship FY21
- Wasilla Rotary: Service Above Self Scholarship FY21
- Willow Area Community Organization (WACO) Scholarship FY23
- Willow Lions Scholarship FY23
American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Due May 31, 2023
The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) helps students move forward in their educational journeys by providing a wide range of programs and scholarship opportunities. AISES scholarships help students acquire skills and training that will help them meet the unique STEM needs of our communities. We highly encourage you to apply for all the scholarships you are eligible for! To apply, you must be an AISES member.
AISES student members have easy access to scholarships for American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders, and Indigenous peoples of Canada through the Online Scholarship Application Information System (OASIS) provided by Indigenous Education, Inc. In OASIS, students will complete a General Application Profile that can be finished, revised and submitted year-round and that will automatically match students only with the scholarship opportunities they are eligible for, and those that are open and available to receive. Creating a General Application Profile is the first step to completing other scholarship applications that you qualify for.
For more information on AISES Scholarships and Internships please contact Dr. Johnny Poolaw, Director of Student Success at email@example.com. 720-758-9725.
Announcing BigFuture Scholarships for Class of 2024 and 2025!
Beginning December 5, 2022, all Juniors and Sophomores in the U.S. and U.S. territories in the Class of 2024 and 2025 can earn chances at $500 and $40,000 scholarships by taking steps on Bug Future to plan and pay for your future.
Students can earn chances to win these scholarships by completing these six steps. The more steps they complete, the more chances they have to win.
- Start Your Career List
- Build Your College List
- Start Your Scholarship List
- Strengthen Your College List
- Complete the FAFSA
- Apply to Colleges
How to Get Started: Students, parents and educators can learn more at bigfuture.org/scholarships.