Degrees and Certifications:
Masters in Education from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Bachelors of the Arts in English with an emphasis on creative writing from Iowa State University
Ms. Denise Kamm
Kamm’s English Classes
All classes - Eng 1, Eng 2 & Eng 3
9:00 am - 11:00am - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Wednesday https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
The plan is that during these hours, I will be live in my Zoom meeting, and anyone can come join in to connect, ask questions, chat, or get help.
Week 1 & 2 Live Zoom Class Schedule:
P1 - E3 - Monday, March 23 @ 1:00pm https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
P2 - E3 - Monday, March 23 @ 2:00pm https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
P3 - E2 - Tuesday, March 24 @ 1:00 pm https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
P4 - E2 - Tuesday, March 24 @ 2:00 pm https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
P6 - E1 - Thursday, March 26 @ 1:00 pm https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
P7 - E2 - Thursday, March 26 @ 2:00 pm https://zoom.us/j/3081906457
We may combine E3 classes & E2 classes after the first week or few.
Google Classroom Codes:
P1 - E3 - aydvtcj
P2 - E3 - pm5kvrp
P3 - E2 - iwvwo3k
P4 - E2 - zzvjhwo
P6 - E1 - rchtvjy
P7 - E2 - iki4gxu
When we break it down the bare bones, English class is about reading and writing. So we are going to read and write.
- Class. We will have a 45-60 minute class meeting each week via Zoom. If a student is unable to attend the class meeting, they will need to watch the Zoom video via, and comment in the comment section of Google Classroom to show they are participating.
- Reading. Students will read any novel of their choice. I encourage students to try to read novels in groups - read something your friend is reading, too. I envision book clubs forming during this time.
- Writing. Students will be writing. They will mostly be writing in the form of a journal. This journal can be their composition notebook from class, or any notebook. I encourage students to keep their journal in a paper/pen format so they can keep it for their futures. These are unprecedented times, and I am hopeful students will have a memory of this era in history. We will be doing some writing about what’s going on and our reactions to it, about what it’s exposing about our society, and what we are learning.
- Assignments. These will be given and turned in via Google Classroom.
Special Note for English 2:
In English 2, we were about ¾ of the way through To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. We will figure out a way to finish this novel. If you have your book, that’s great. If not, no worries. I am going to figure out a way to get the last few chapters on Audible into our Google Classroom.
This will be a case by case basis, so please email me if you have a concern. Most students were required to turn in all work before Spring Break. For those who were on vacation or out sick, please touch base with me through email. Each case will be different, but it will either be excused, you will have the opportunity to finish the assignment, or get a potential make-up assignment.
What accommodations need to be made for students with IEPs?
- Modify each assignment/project according to IEP requirements
- Be available for individual conferencing with students (and parents) with an IEP
How will you address equity? For example, students who have no internet access at home or have limited transportation to pick up materials from school.
Yes, this will be a bit tricky. However, all students will be required to read a novel of their choice and keep a journal. Both of these can be done online or on paper. Students will be completing the “Any Novel” assignment, either online or on paper. I will supply some journal prompts, but students can write about anything.
Due dates will be extended for those that have limited transportation to pick up materials from school