This is Title
This is Subtitle:
This is the paragraph content with information for the enduser. You will need a hard break (extra return) to show spaces between paragraphs.
Use the F and T to set other "styles". District pages should use:
- App Title as "Page Name" (if multiple apps set each app to show name if desired)
- Main Header = Title from Template Styles (F)
- Sub Header = Subtitle for Template Styles (F)
- Main information = normal typing in <p>, no settings required
- Headings allow screen readers to ID titles, etc
- If you use other template style titles within lists/etc it will not offset that text but the screen reader will READ THAT AS A TITLE
- If you use other template style headers within lists/etc it will offset that text and the screen reader will READ THAT AS A HEADER
- Need to use Alt Text/Title/Tooltip for ADA compliance
- Alt text for images should explain the context of the image and why it adds to your page.
- Alt text should include target window behaviors
- Alt text should include any words contained in the image
- Longer link text is for coordination and contrast - make the link describe where it is taking you
- Contrast is important - colors need to be different enough for visual differentiation
- Left align is best for ADA. Justify is bad.
- Tables are not good for ADA. Should be used to present data only. Also bad for responsive design
- No background color
- Keep text color very visible - so it doesn't blend into white page
- Can also create content in word, using headers.
- Save PDF as a tagged PDF for headers to be recognized. Yammer post here - https://www.yammer.com/matsuk12.us/#/Threads/show?threadId=979740983&search_origin=global&scoring=linear1Y-prankie-group-private-higher&match=any-exact&search_sort=relevance&page=1&search=adobe
- Create page with text+audio with and without title/image text, title/etc
- Check third party apps (smore, etc) for ADA
MAIN ADA ISSUES - These are things we should concentrate on
- Alt Text,Titles,etc
- Plain writing with average readability
- Tagged PDFs
Blackboard Training: WCM and Parentlink
- Ours - https://matsuk12.sharepoint.com/KB/Pages/Website-Help.aspx
- BB - https://cerc.blackboard.com/domain/177
ADA resources at https://sw00000004.schoolwires.net/Page/3702
- Screen reader tool
- Color Contrast tool
Join Yammer - send this to anyone who needs to be in the group.
- This is where we will post help for Blackboard (Website, Mass Notification, Teacher Messaging, Mobile App)
- If it asks them to sign in they can log into Office365 and then choose Yammer.
Megamenu for schools - Channel navigation like the district site, hover over the channel name and you can categorize up to 5 lists of like content. If you want to do this at school we can assist you.
100px = about an inch
- pages with left navigation are about 600px
- pages with no left navigation are about 900px
COPE = Create Once Publish Everywhere -Yammer conversation and how-to for the COPE process is here: https://www.yammer.com/matsuk12.us/#/Threads/show?threadId=996615389&search_origin=global&scoring=linear1Y-prankie-group-private-higher&match=any-exact&search_sort=relevance&page=1&search=cope
- Uses connection between Blackboard Mass Notification, Mobile App, Website (WCM) and Facebook to enter info in one place and send to any/all of these, particularly useful for weather notices:
- Mass Notification to student/parent - email, phone, Text/SMS
- Push Notification on District Mobile App
- School Facebook Page
- Website announcement on school homepage
- Onscreen alert popup on school homepage.
APPS/LAYOUTS & NEW EDITING EXPERIENCE HINTS
- It is easy to Right Click on images and links for more choices (be in the link, don't highlight it).
- Hover on tables to get more choices like delete/add row/column, etc.
- Content - basic text app
- Use F&T for Headers so screen readers can identify categories (ADA). See more on ADA below.
- Use Clear Formatting icon if everything is wonky
- Paste as text - use to remove formatting from original source (word doc or other webpage, etc)
- No plain returns or the style (header/lists) will follow.
- You can force a plain return by clicking Shift + Enter together. No space between lines and it will continue style.
- You can always use the Clear Formatting to remove the style from the second line.
- Add content then choose style. Examples here: https://www.matsuk12.us/Page/38288
- F=District types - These seem to work better.
- T=Template types
- Once Header type is picked you can then change formatting using the feather size change
- See what your header is by putting curser in the text and seeing tag at bottom.
- Image App (or image insert)
- Image align - default will not wrap, it'll be new line. Left and Right will wrap the text around your image. This is true with any image insert wizard.
- Border with white at about 10 px for white space. Your preference...
- Google Folder App - can display Google Folders
- Embed Code (not necessarily responsive as it is based on the app you are embedding, i.e. Google Map. You can change the iFrame dimensions)
- Table App - only use for data due to ADA compliance. See more below
- Homework options
- Article Library
- Homework app
- Staff Photo Directory = No purge, merges unique system ID. Adds new records, deletes absent one.
- Layouts - use 3 wide instead of table
TEMPLATE STYLES (Under F)
TEMPLATE STYLES (F)
HEADER STYLES (T)