Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District
The mission of MSBSD is "We prepare all students for success." Visit here for more information on our School Board Vision, Mission, Beliefs, Values, Goals and Objectives.
What's Happening in MSBSD for the 2022-2023 School Year
The MSBSD mission is to 'prepare all students for success' and MSBSD is a good place for students to learn, one of the best in the state but, we are striving to make it even better! We want to make our district one of the standout districts in the nation.
PLC Mondays allows our instructional staff the time to examine student work, develop common assessments and collaborate on instructional strategies so we improve academic achievement and graduate students who are more ready to enter into a career and/or college.
MSBSD 2023-2027 Strategic Plan
As an Established Best Practice in Government Finance, MSBSD developed a Long-term Strategic Plan that includes five key strategic priorities:
1) Student Achievement
2) Educational Access
3) School Safety
4) Process Improvement
5) Capital Planning.
Read the plan and provide feedback to the Administration here.
Our student population is diverse—from various socio-economic, cultural, and language backgrounds. We welcome and embrace our diversity and strive to provide an equitable, strong educational foundation for all Mat-Su students.
This below information is available from National Center for Educational Statistics
- The Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District is located approximately 35 miles north of Anchorage in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in an area commonly known as the “Valley”.
- The district spans approximately 25,000 square miles, an area larger than the entire state of West Virginia.
- The Mat-Su Borough is home to more than 105,000 residents and is the fastest growing area in Alaska. To find out more about our great Valley, visit these Mat-Su Community Links.
- State of Alaska
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough Government
- City of Palmer
- City of Wasilla
- City of Houston
- Mat-Su Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Palmer Chamber of Commerce
- Wasilla Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska State Fair
- Youth 360 : Summer and afterschool programming at Houston Jr/Sr High School and Wasilla Middle School
- Connect Mat-Su: Immediate access to information, referrals, and direct assistance needed for Mat-Su residents to thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally
- LINKS : Community and family resources for children with special needs and support services
- Saroma, Japan