Teeland Middle School
Course Practices and Procedures
Teeland P.E. Teachers: Mr. Knopp, Mr. Jaronik, Mrs. Kelly
GOALS: The National P.E. Standards for Physical education are used as guidelines for Teeland’s P.E. program. The six standards are listed below:
A Physically educated person:
- Demonstrates competency in many movement forms and proficiency in a few movement forms.
- Exhibits a physically active lifestyle.
- Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity settings.
- Demonstrates understanding and respect for differences among people in physical activity settings.
- Understands that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interactions.
CLOTHING: For the same reason of health, safety and personal hygiene; classroom clothing may not be worn while participating in P.E. classes. Please label all P.E. clothes and shoes, as the school is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles. To be prepared and earn points in class, students are required to have and wear the following items for each class:
*Raingear – We will be going outside as much as possible and as long as weather permits. Please be prepared with raincoat and appropriate warm weather gear.
T-shirt and sweatshirt, athletic shorts or sweatpants, and proper athletic shoes. Deck shoes and skater shoes are not allowed.
Masks: District is encouraging but not requiring masks.
Water Bottles: Please bring a water bottle labeled with your name.
LOCKS: Locks are issued to each student. He/she is responsible for the lock. To replace a lost lock, a fee of $8.00 will be charged at the office before a new lock will be issued. Privately owned locks are not allowed.
MEDICAL CONCERNS: All medical problems are handled through the school nurse. Contact her BEFORE school. DISTRICT POLICY: Students many not be excused from participating in activities for more than 3 days without a doctor’s excuse on file in the nurse’s office. Students are responsible for missed P.E. work. Written or modified assignments will be required each day. Very Important- All injuries MUST be reported immediately to your P.E. teacher.
- For safety reasons gum chewing is not allowed. Most jewelry is to be removed. Hair that may obstruct vision or become caught in the equipment must be tied back. Students are encouraged not to bring valuables to school.
- Locker rooms restrooms will allow 3 people at a time during class.
- Bathroom stalls in locker rooms are not to be used as changing rooms.
- P.E. equipment is never to be used without permission.
- Glass containers, cologne, perfume, hair spray, food and drink are not allowed in gym or locker rooms.
- Students cannot leave class early, if they are dressed and ready to go, please wait on your spot to be excused.
- Students are not to be in the P.E. offices, laundry, or equipment rooms before, after, or during classes.
- Cell phone are not permitted in the gym.
GRADES: Final quarter grades will be 60% daily points (2 dressing out, 2 run/bell, 6 participation), and 40% assessments (test, quizzes, skill sets). Students can earn 10 points a day. Letter Grades A-F
REMOTE LEARNING: Assignments can be found on Synergy as well as Google Classroom. This will only be used if school is shut down for any reason.
MAKE- UP WORK: It is the student’s responsibility to complete make-up work for each absence. Students are responsible for picking up the make-up form from the gym, or downloading the form from the website. Parent signature is required. ALL MAKE-UP WORK IS DUE ONE WEEK AFTER THE ABSENCE / ONLY 50% CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN FOR OVERDUE MAKE-UP WORK. A student may complete two make-up sheets per quarter.
REMEMBER: No one has the right to interfere with the learning, safety, or well-being of others.