- The Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District is located approximately 35 miles north of Anchorage in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in an area commonly known as the “Valley.”
- The district spans approximately 25,000 square miles, an area larger than the entire state of West Virginia.
- The Mat-Su Borough is home to more than 105,000 residents and is the fastest growing area in Alaska. To find out more about our great Valley, visit these Mat-Su Community Links.
- MSBSD is home to 47 schools ranging in enrollments from about 20 to more than 1,300 students.
- With a district-wide enrollment of 18,800 students, Mat-Su is the second largest school District in Alaska.
- Facilities include:
- 6 charter schools
- 3 special mission education schools
- 21 elementary schools
- 5 middle schools
- 6 high schools
- 4 K-12 schools
Our student population is diverse—from various socio-economic, cultural, and language backgrounds. We welcome and embrace our diversity and strive to provide an equitable, strong educational foundation for all Mat-Su students.
- The District is the Borough’s largest public employer with approximately 2,200 staff members --more than half are teachers.
- The District prides itself in the quality of its employees, which is evidenced by the number of state and national awards bestowed each year upon its teachers, administrators, and staff.
Last Modified on September 26, 2018
I'm Looking For...