- The Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District is located approximately 35 miles north of Anchorage in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in an area commonly known as the “Valley.”
- The district spans approximately 25,000 square miles, an area larger than the entire state of West Virginia.
- The Mat-Su Borough is home to more than 105,000 residents and is the fastest growing area in Alaska. To find out more about our great Valley, visit these Mat-Su Community Links.
- State of Alaska
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough Government
- City of Palmer
- City of Wasilla
- City of Houston
- Mat-Su Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Palmer Chamber of Commerce
- Wasilla Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska State Fair
- Youth 360 : Summer and afterschool programming at Houston Jr/Sr High School and Wasilla Middle School
- Connect Mat-Su: Immediate access to information, referrals, and direct assistance needed for Mat-Su residents to thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally
- LINKS : Community and family resources for children with special needs and support services
- Saroma, Japan
- MSBSD is home to 46 schools ranging in enrollments from about 20 to more than 1,000+ students.
- With a district-wide enrollment of almost 19,000 students, Mat-Su is the second largest school District in Alaska.
- Facilities include:
- 6 charter schools
- 3 special mission education schools
- 21 elementary schools
- 4 middle schools
- 8 high schools
- 4 K-12 schools
Our student population is diverse—from various socio-economic, cultural, and language backgrounds. We welcome and embrace our diversity and strive to provide an equitable, strong educational foundation for all Mat-Su students.
This below information is avialable from National Center for Educational Statistics
- The District is the Borough’s largest public employer with approximately 2,200 staff members --more than half are teachers.
- The District prides itself in the quality of its employees, which is evidenced by the number of state and national awards bestowed each year upon its teachers, administrators, and staff.