Palmer High School
An International EducationThe International Baccalaureate Program provides students with a rigorous education across six disciplines while emphasizing the importance of participation in and awareness of students' local and global community.May 2020 Exam Registration Information:Taking IB exams in May is one of the best ways PHS students can earn college credit before they set foot on campus.The IB exam registration fee has been eliminated, and exams are just $125 per exam--a great price for a test that can earn a student college credit that will cost ten times as much.Read the 2020 Exam Registration letter here.To register for exams:
- Fill out the form linked here. This gives our IB coordinator the chance to input students' data early so that when students sit down to finalize registration, a lot of the nuts and bolts have already been taken care of.
- Review the IB Exam Calendar, linked here. The dates of IB exams are set world wide and we cannot make changes. If there's an important event happening in May, it's better to know about conflicts before students are registered. IB Exams do not conflict with graduation.
- Meet with Ms. Henry, our IB Coordinator. She'll make sure you've selected the correct exams and give you paperwork to be signed off on by parents/guardians.
- Make payment and return registration form from Ms. Henry. Exams are $125 each and can be paid via SchoolCash, a check made out to Palmer High, or cash.
Want to learn more about Palmer High's I.B. classes? Click here!Want to learn more about college and university credit policies? Click here!Are you a graduate of Palmer High who took at least one IB class? We need your help! Please follow the link to fill out a survey about your experiences as an IB student at PHS: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf10XSQtbfWgjrQdQ2sPY4wHUjzaXojvjZzxZ5RgYY-6VW1OA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Until payment and registration paperwork has been arranged, exam registration is not finalized.
Thinking about participating in the IB program? Make sure you let your Mr. Zimmer, Mrs. Johnson, or Mrs. VanderWeele know when you register for classes! They'll help you make sure you're in the right classes to be on track to participate in the full diploma program, or make sure you've taken the necessary prerequisites for the individual IB classes you're interested in.
Still have questions about which classes to take? Contact Ms. Henry at Nichelle.Henry@matsuk12.us.
Last Modified on October 22, 2019
I'm Looking For...