English Web PagePlease call or email to set up an appointment for any meeting. I look forward to meeting with you at that scheduled time.Name: Mrs. Sarah Notestine
Email Address: Sarah.Notestine@matsuk12.us
Phone number: (907) 352-0457
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year. I am excited about this year and hope we will all be able to learn so much from each other. Parents, I welcome input and suggestions from you at any time. Feel free to use the e-mail link above to keep in touch with me throughout the year.
CLASS SCHEDULE Time Class 2nd English 3 3rd English 3 4th Creative Writing 5th English 3 6thCreative Writing 7thEnglish 3
Mrs. Sarah Notestine
- Students earn five points per day.
- Expectations for students include: Arrive on time, Stay in class, Come prepared, and Be productive.
Make-Up Work and Absences
Class attendance and participation are very important and, as a result, some missed assignments cannot easily be made up. Make-up work is the responsibility of the student and must be completed in a timely manner. Unless other arrangements are made, a student will have the same number of school days absent to make up any missed assignments. Late assignments will be worth no more than 75% of the original grade. All assignments must be completed before the end of the grading period in which they are assigned or by the date announced by the teacher (i.e. before unit test, before graded assignment is corrected and returned, etc.).
It is the student’s responsibility to get any missed lessons or work within 2 days from the time he or she returns to school from an absence. Work/assignments that are not picked up by the students within 2 days may not be made up. Information on missed lessons or work must be gathered by the student before or after school.
Excessive Absences: After 10 missed days of class, a student must complete make-up lessons that must be completed in order to receive credit for missed assignments and employability. A make-up assignment must be completed with the make-up lesson completed and attached in order to receive credit.Grading Period Deadlines:
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- All assignments/assessments from 8/15/19 – 9/17/2019 must be submitted by 1:45 on 9/17/2019 for credit.
Friday, October 11, 2019
- All assignments/assessments from 9/19/2018 – 10/11/2019 must be submitted by 1:45 on 10/11/2019 for credit.
Friday, November 15, 2019
- All assignments/assessments from 10/14/2019 – 11/15/2019 must be submitted by 1:45 by 11/15/2019 for credit.
Monday, December 9, 2019
- All assignments/assessments from 11/18/2019 – 12/9/2019 must be submitted by 1:45 on 12/9/2019 for credit.