English Web PagePlease call or email to set up an appointment for any meeting. I look forward to meeting with you at that scheduled time.
Google Classrooom Codes for 2020/2021 Semester 1:
Period 1 (English 2): 7leom46
Period 2 (English 2): ctgdtdy
Period 3 (English 2): 2kovtd6
Period 4 (English 4): yqmza2d
Period 5 (Creative Writing): wwmhv3h
Period 6 (Creative Writing): 6wsgdh3Name: Mrs. Sarah Notestine
Email Address: Sarah.Notestine@matsuk12.us
Phone number: (907) 352-0457
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. I am excited about this year and hope we will all be able to learn so much from each other. Parents, I welcome input and suggestions from you at any time. Feel free to use the e-mail link above to keep in touch with me throughout the year.
CLASS SCHEDULE Time Class 1st English 2 2nd English 2 3rd English 2 4th English 2 5thCreative Writing 6thCreative Writing
Mrs. Sarah Notestine
- Students earn five points per day.
- Expectations for students include: Arrive on time, Stay in class, Come prepared, Be repespectful of rules and others, and Be productive.
Make-Up Work and Absences
Class attendance and participation are very important and, as a result, some missed assignments cannot easily be made up. Make-up work is the responsibility of the student and must be completed in a timely manner. Unless other arrangements are made, a student will have the same number of school days absent to make up any missed assignments. Late assignments will be worth no more than 75% of the original grade. All assignments must be completed before the end of the grading period in which they are assigned.
It is the student’s responsibility to get any missed lessons or work within 2 days from the time he or she returns to school from an absence. Work/assignments that are not picked up by the students within 2 days may not be made up. Information on missed lessons or work must be gathered by the student from Google Classroom.Grading Period Deadlines:
Friday, September 11, 2020 – End of Progress 1
- Allassignments/assessments from 08/20 – 09/11 must be submitted by 1:45 on 09/11/2020 for credit.
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 – End of Quarter 1
- Allassignments/assessments from 09/12 – 10/14 must be submitted by 1:45 on 10/14/2020 for credit.
Friday, November 20, 2020 – End of Progress 2
- Allassignments/assessments from 10/15 – 11/20 must be submitted by 1:45 by 11/20/2020.
Monday December 7, 2020
- Allassignments/assessments from 11/21 – 12/7 must be submitted by 1:45 on 12/7/2020 for credit.
Week Assigned Chapters