Welcome, Class of 2019!
Graduation is Wednesday, May 15 at 7:00 p.m. at the Menard Sports Center.
Good news! Our Jostens representative indicated that we had a record level of orders on Wednesday, October 24 when he was here. Well done, Class of 2019! If you were one of the students who did NOT submit your order on the 24th, you will need to order online at Jostens.com. Extra order forms are available in the Library if you want to peruse your ordering options. When you are online, be sure to search Colony High School, Palmer Alaska in order to get the correct cap/gown/stole/tassel options as well as correct pricing information. There is another Colony High School in Texas; you don't want to order their things! If you have questions about ordering, please see Mrs. McKenney in the Library or you may contact Scott Brown, our Jostens representative, directly.
Senior photos/individual senior quotes are due to the Yearbook by November 21. See information below regarding senior photos or contact Mr. Sawyer directly.
Stay tuned for more information about class song and class motto; ballots will be out and voting will occur before Thanksgiving weekend.
If you do not need a full graduation package but just want to order the cap/gown/stole/tassel unit, that is at the bottom of the order form ($51.00). If you are planning to wear a cap and gown already in your possession, you may do so (as long as they are the appropriate Colony green color), but you will still need to order the MASCOT TASSEL ($15.00) and the STOLE ($21.00). You will find these items toward the bottom of the order form:
Please contact Mr. Sawyer, Yearbook Advisor, if you have questions regarding the Yearbook. The deadline for purchasing a senior ad in the Yearbook is January 31, 2019. Click here to go to the Yearbook website.
Senior photos may be taken by a professional photographer, you may use your own photo, or you may contact a CHS photographer at 907.861.5403.
Requirements for Senior Photos: You should be the priority in your photo! No hats, sunglasses, or items that obscure your face. Be sure your photo is in portrait layout, not landscape. SAVE YOUR FILE as: Last Name, First Name. You may submit images in .jpg, .tiff, or .png format. You may submit your photo to Mr. Sawyer in Room 0012 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your quotation should be approximately 20 words and must be approrpriate for a school publication; submit a written copy of the Senior Quote form (available in the Yearbook room) with your first and last name clearly indicated. The Yearbook staff reserves the right to edit quotations as needed, and they are subject to review by school administration.
Deadline for senior photos and quotations is NOVEMBER 21, 2018. If you have not submitted a senior photo by that date, we will use your student ID photo from last year.
Please plan to arrive at the Menard Center at 5:00 p.m. the evening of graduation! We ask you to be there early because of intense traffic concerns getting to the Menard Center, and also in case anyone needs to return home to correct dress code problems.
If you have questions about graduation, please call or email Graduation Coordinator Mrs. McKenney in the Library at email@example.com
Colony High School's Graduation--A Tradition of Excellence
Graduation has always been a dignified and CLASSY ceremony at Colony High School
Like a wedding ceremony, it has this in common:
· People dress up
· People use their best manners
· Like bridesmaids or ushers, people dress in the “costume of the event”—in this case, caps & gowns with a uniform look that states “WE ARE THE CLASS OF 2018!”
· Not a time to express individuality with “special” decorations of caps/gowns that make you stand out or appear different than the rest of your class
· Not a time to disrupt the ceremony for everyone else with things that draw attention away from guest speakers or from one of your fellow graduates who is crossing the stage—in other words, NO STEALING SOMEONE ELSE’S SPECIAL MOMENT PLEASE!
· Things to keep in mind:
· Graduation gowns should be ironed (pressed) or steamed to get out wrinkles
· Clothing is semi-formal/business attire: female graduates are required to wear a dress, skirt, or dress pants; male graduates are required to wear dress slacks, a dress shirt with buttons, and a collar.
· Students are not permitted to go barefoot, wear flip flops, tennis shoes, shorts, or jeans. Caps and gowns MAY NOT be embellished with glitter, sequins, or other decorative elements.
· Students will not be permitted to carry flowers, balloons, or other items with them as they enter the stadium; those items can be given to students after the ceremony concludes and the Alumni Class of 2017 is announced and presented to the audience.
· No writing of any kind on caps.
· No gum, beach balls, silly string, air horns, bubbles, purses, cameras, camcorders, toys, or helium balloons. Let your parents or family keep cameras and purses for you so they are not lost in the crowd.
· No flip flops (too casual for graduation) or awkward high heels that increase the likelihood of you walking like a klutz or, worse, falling on stairs/stage.
· Fees and fines need to be paid and cleared before graduation. THIS INCLUDES RETURN OF ALL TEXTBOOKS/LIBRARY MATERIALS
· These are consequences for poor decisions:
· Removal from graduation ceremony
· Diploma withheld
· Arrest by police;criminal charges
· Charges and fines