Welcome to the Class of 2020!
This year's ceremony will be held on May 13th, 2020 at the
If you have any questions about graduation, please contact
our graduation coordinator, Stephanie Haase
Cap and Gown orders must now be completed online
Senior superlatives! If your name is on this link, you
MUST see Mrs. Brunner in room 12 ASAP.
February 28th Deadline for Senior Artwork (used on
program and painted in hall). Submit entries to
Mrs. Haase in the library.
Senior Awards Night will be held April 29th at 7PM
in the CHS theater.
Step-Up Step-Down Assembly and Senior Fun Day
will be April 30th. More information TBA.
Countdown to CHS Graduation Ceremony
Grad Blast 2020!Grad Blast is an event put on by parents of graduating seniors. If you are interested in planning this event for 2020, please contact our graduation coordinator, Stephanie Haase 907-861-5538.
Colony High School's Graduation--A Tradition of Excellence
Graduation has always been a dignified and CLASSY ceremony at Colony High School
Like a wedding ceremony, it has this in common:
· People dress up
· People use their best manners
· Like bridesmaids or ushers, people dress in the “costume of the event”—in this case, caps & gowns with a uniform look that states “WE ARE THE CLASS OF 2020!”
· Not a time to express individuality with “special” decorations of caps/gowns that make you stand out or appear different than the rest of your class
· Not a time to disrupt the ceremony for everyone else with things that draw attention away from guest speakers or from one of your fellow graduates who is crossing the stage—in other words, NO STEALING SOMEONE ELSE’S SPECIAL MOMENT PLEASE!
· Things to keep in mind:
· Graduation gowns should be ironed (pressed) or steamed to get out wrinkles
· Clothing is semi-formal/business attire: female graduates are required to wear a dress, skirt, or dress pants; male graduates are required to wear dress slacks, a dress shirt with buttons, and a collar.
· Students are not permitted to go barefoot, wear flip flops, tennis shoes, shorts, or jeans. Caps and gowns MAY NOT be embellished with glitter, sequins, or other decorative elements.
· Students will not be permitted to carry flowers, balloons, or other items with them as they enter the stadium; those items can be given to students after the ceremony concludes and the Alumni Class of 2020 is announced and presented to the audience.
· No writing of any kind on caps.
· No gum, beach balls, silly string, air horns, bubbles, purses, cameras, camcorders, toys, or helium balloons. Let your parents or family keep cameras and purses for you so they are not lost in the crowd.
· No flip flops (too casual for graduation) or awkward high heels that increase the likelihood of you walking like a klutz or, worse, falling on stairs/stage.
· Fees and fines need to be paid and cleared before graduation. THIS INCLUDES RETURN OF ALL TEXTBOOKS/LIBRARY MATERIALS
· These are consequences for poor decisions:
· Removal from graduation ceremony
· Diploma withheld
· Arrest by police;criminal charges
· Charges and fines