Welcome to the 5th Grade Team Page!
You are getting ready to be in Middle School, so each quarter, we step up our homework. The quarterly policies will be as follows:
1st Quarter—Transition from 4th grade----late assignments accepted with a penalty up to two weeks after the due date.
2nd Quarter—late assignments accepted with a penalty up to one week after the due date.
3rd Quarter—late assignments accepted with a penalty no later than Friday of the same week the assignment is due.
4th Quarter—assignments will be accepted one day after the due date only and will receive half credit at most.*** ALL assignments must be turned in—even if they are late. Promptness of assignments will affect Citizenship grades. Also, in order to participate in our field trips and end of the year celebrations, ALL assignments must be turned in.
· Math – One worksheet per night due next day and practice math facts. (Mon - Thurs)
· Spelling – One Spelling packet per week due on Fridays.
· Reading –Reading log (20 minutes 5 nights per week) due monthly.
–Read 2 books outside of class per quarter and complete either an AR test or a book report.
· Reading Comprehension – There may be one reading comprehension activity per week due on Fridays.
· Science – Science projects due in March
· Other projects as assigned including explorers, colonies, states, and presidents.