Got an old library book under your bed? Now is the time to dig it out and bring it in!
The Matsu School District is actively interviewing and hiring substitutes right now! We are looking for Custodian, Nutrition Services, and Classroom/School Support substitutes. Please complete an application by visiting www.matsuk12.us/jobs and don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 907-746-9245 with any questions.
Graduation UpdateDear Colony Class of 2021 Families:We have a graduation date!!When: Wednesday, May 19th at 4:00 p.m. at the Colony High Pride Field Stadium.We are having an in person graduation ceremony and are committed to making this stadium graduation one that you will remember fondly for years to come.The ceremony will be dignified and will honor and recognize all of our 2021 graduates. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed for glorious sunshine and warm May weather. We will continue to communicate the plans for tickets, Covid mitigation, Live streaming, etc. over the next few months.Thank you for all that you do and congratulations for this upcoming event for your graduate.Sincerely,Mr. McMahon, Principal
Credit Recovery Opportunity
College and Career Testing Information
Colony High SAT/ACT testing
As of July 31, the College Board has put the following requirements in place for SAT testing:
- All students and staff must wear a mask throughout their time in the test center.
- Students must pull the mask away from their face during center and room check-in for visual inspection.
- Plastic bags will be provided and issued to students in testing rooms so that electronic devices can be stored during testing; students will place their device in its bag and will place the bag in a bin.
- Students will be spaced 6 feet apart during testing and will be expected to maintain a 6-foot distance during check-in and breaks.
- The College Board has allowed for increased check-in and break time so that these conditions to be met/maintained.
All tests are on Saturdays. Students need to check-in at CHS at 7:00 the morning of the test. Dismissal time may range from noon to 1:30 depending on the type of test, COVID19 protocols, and/or accommodations for students. As of August 13, College Board requires all students and staff to wear a mask while they are in the building. Test room capacities have been reduced, and additional time has been added to breaks to allow for social distancing as appropriate. Students will be asked to remove their mask briefly at the time of building check-in and individual room check-in for identification purposes.
SAT test dates:
- August 29
- Sept. 26
- Oct. 3
- Dec. 5 CANCELLED
- March 13
- May 8
ACT test dates:
- Dec 12
- Feb 6
- April 17
*ACT may add dates in the fall/winter; those will be posted when the information is available.
It is possible that CHS may be closed on one or more test dates due to COVID19 outbreak; please check the CHS website often in the days/weeks leading up to testing for updated information.
Upcoming College Visits
Log-in and learn about virtual visiting colleges
Please see Ms. Wilson in the counseling office if you are interested in a virtual meeting with representatives from these colleges or branches of the military:
- Grand Canyon University
- Maritime College in New York
- NAU, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff
- Colby College in Waterville, Maine
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- University of Alaska Southeast
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- Corban University in Salem, Oregon
- Air Force ROTC
Colony Student Handbook
CHS students, click on the following links to read the 2020-2021 CHS Student Handbook and complete the required Student Handbook Form.
Click on the links below to watch our student videos regarding CHS policies:
Main Telephone907-861-5500Brendon McMahon, Principal
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMichael Looney, Assistant Principal
Email: email@example.comTom Lincoln, Assistant Principal
Email: Tom.Lincoln@matsuk12.usKristy Johnston, Activities DirectorPhone: 907-861-5515Email: firstname.lastname@example.org