November 11, 2020
November 26, 2020
November 27, 2020
December 5, 2020
7:00 AM - 1:30 PM SAT
December 18, 2020
December 21, 2020
December 22, 2020
December 23, 2020
December 24, 2020
December 25, 2020
December 26, 2020
December 27, 2020
December 28, 2020
December 29, 2020
December 30, 2020
December 31, 2020
January 1, 2021
January 4, 2021
January 18, 2021
February 6, 2021
7:00 AM - 1:30 PM ACT
February 15, 2021
February 16, 2021
Colony HS Parent/Teacher Conferences will be Monday, November 2, 2020.
We understand that parents need to have the opportunity to speak with teachers about how their child is doing in school and Covid-19 makes the traditional way of meeting impossible. In order to schedule a phone conference with your student's teachers click on the following link: PTC Sign-Up
College and Career Testing Information
Armed Services Vocational and Aptitude Battery Test, or ASVAB
ASVAB will be on Monday, November 2 @ 7:30AM in the CHS Theater. Please see Ms. Wilson in the counseling office to sign up. It is for 10, 11 & 12th graders only.
Colony High SAT/ACT testing
As of July 31, the College Board has put the following requirements in place for SAT testing:
- All students and staff must wear a mask throughout their time in the test center.
- Students must pull the mask away from their face during center and room check-in for visual inspection.
- Plastic bags will be provided and issued to students in testing rooms so that electronic devices can be stored during testing; students will place their device in its bag and will place the bag in a bin.
- Students will be spaced 6 feet apart during testing and will be expected to maintain a 6-foot distance during check-in and breaks.
- The College Board has allowed for increased check-in and break time so that these conditions to be met/maintained.
All tests are on Saturdays. Students need to check-in at CHS at 7:00 the morning of the test. Dismissal time may range from noon to 1:30 depending on the type of test, COVID19 protocols, and/or accommodations for students. As of August 13, College Board requires all students and staff to wear a mask while they are in the building. Test room capacities have been reduced, and additional time has been added to breaks to allow for social distancing as appropriate. Students will be asked to remove their mask briefly at the time of building check-in and individual room check-in for identification purposes.
SAT test dates:
- August 29
- Sept. 26
- Oct. 3
- Dec. 5
- March 13
- May 8
ACT test dates:
- Dec 12
- Feb 6
- April 10
*ACT may add dates in the fall/winter; those will be posted when the information is available.
It is possible that CHS may be closed on one or more test dates due to COVID19 outbreak; please check the CHS website often in the days/weeks leading up to testing for updated information.
PSAT on Tuesday, January 26. Cost is $25.
See Ms, Wilson in counseling to sign up
Upcoming College Visits
Log-in and learn about virtual visiting colleges
Please see Ms. Wilson in the counseling office if you are interested in a virtual meeting with representatives from these colleges or branches of the military:
- Grand Canyon University
- Maritime College in New York
- NAU, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff
- Colby College in Waterville, Maine
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- University of Alaska Southeast
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- Corban University in Salem, Oregon
- Air Force ROTC
Colony Student Handbook
CHS students, click on the following links to read the 2020-2021 CHS Student Handbook and complete the required Student Handbook Form.
Click on the links below to watch our student videos regarding CHS policies:
Main Telephone907-861-5500Brendon McMahon, Principal
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMichael Looney, Assistant Principal
Email: email@example.comTom Lincoln, Assistant Principal
Email: Tom.Lincoln@matsuk12.usKristy Johnston, Activities DirectorPhone: 907-861-5515Email: firstname.lastname@example.org