Upcoming District Events
December 21, 2023
December 22, 2023
December 25, 2023
December 26, 2023
December 27, 2023
December 28, 2023
December 29, 2023
December 30, 2023
Welcome to the Home of the Grizzlies
Leigh Magnan-Principal, email@example.comChrissy Lovelace- Vice Principal, firstname.lastname@example.orgDenise Biornstad- Administrative Secretary, email@example.comMandy Trelfa - Secretary/Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.orgRachel Lund - Nurse, email@example.com address: 3808 S. Big Lake Road, Big Lake, AKmailing address: PO Box 520049, Big Lake, AK 99652office phone: 907.892.9700 fax: 907.892.9780
Thank you to these local businesses and community members for their donations to our Grizzly Cache!
Jeff Ross, Jo Walch, BLE PTO, First Choice Physical Therapy, True Colors Painting, Tundra Tanning & Taxidermy, MBC Concrete/Construction, Three Bears Alaska, Gorilla Fireworks, Doyon Utilities, K3 Group, Perfect Start, Enderson's Concrete, McKenna Brothers Paving, Providence Progressive and Intermediate Care Unit.
Big Lake Announcements
School Dismissal Manager has been set up for our school. Please check your email for information on downloading, setting up and using the SDM app. You can use this app instead of calling the school office. Cut off time for the app is 2:30pm.
You are welcome to continue to call the office, but please try to call the school by 2:45pm if your student will be doing something different at the end of the day. If they usually ride the bus, but you are picking them up, or if they are going home with a friend, we will need to know the bus number and bus stop street names.
Please let us know by 2:45pm by calling 892-9700. Thank you.
Students will go outside for recess until it is -10. Please make sure they bring warm gear!! If you need assistance with providing gear, please talk to the nurse.
Upcoming BLE Events
12-6 Make and Take Craft Night12-14 Band/Choir Concert12-22 Teacher Work Day, No School12-22 thru 1-7 Winter BreakBig Lake Elementary School Hours 2023-2024
* Please try to call with any end of day transportation changes prior to 2:00
- School drop-off on Mondays @10:05
- School begins at 10:15 on Mondays
- School drop-off Tuesday thru Friday @ 9:00
- School begins at 9:15 Tuesday thru Friday
- School ends at 3:45
- School buses depart at 4:00
- MEDICATION AT SCHOOL
- NO cough drop, Tylenol, Tums etc – Please do NOT send to school. Kids like to share cough drops like candy and we can run into big problems. Cough drops are available in nurse office.
- All medication must be delivered by parent/guardian in original packaging. Prescription medication must have a current prescription label attached.
- Please contact the school nurse to complete a permission form if prescription medication needs to be administered to your student during the school year.
- If your student currently has asthma, diabetes, seizures, or history of sever allergies/anaphylaxis please contact the school nurse to start an action plan for the current year.
- TOO SICK FOR SCHOOL?
- Fever of 100 degree or higher
- Vomiting within 24 hours
- Diarrhea within 24 hours
- Crusty and or discharge and redness around eye
- Sore throat, headache, or stomachache
- Untreated lice
- Free glasses at no cost – talk with your school nurse
- HEALTH SCREENING
K, 1, 3, 5 and new to district students will receive health screening. Additionally, a screening may take place if requested by a teacher, parent, or in-school intervention team referral. The health screening includes height, weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing, dental and postural assessment on 5th grade girls. You will receive a referral if these basic screening test indicate that further testing or follow-up is necessary. When additional follow-up is necessary you will receive a referral letter for health care provider. No permission slip will be sent home. To opt out please email firstname.lastname@example.org