System 44 Syllabus
Mr. Scott Olsen
Classroom Phone: 761-1545
System 44 is an intensive, comprehensive reading intervention program, that focuses on phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, text comprehension, spelling, writing, and grammar. The program directly addresses individual needs through adaptive and instructional software, high-interest literature, and direct instruction in reading and writing skills.
1. Arrive on time; Exit on time
2. Water bottles must be on the floor or empty table
3. No passes FIRST or LAST 10 minutes of class.
· Fill out your pass first
· Quietly hand it or bring it to me.
· One pass per class
· One person out of the room at a time
4. Be respectful of each other at all times.
System 44 Web-based computer program
System 44 Decodable Digest
System 44 Student Workbook
System 44 Letter Tiles
System 44 Teacher’s Guide
System 44 Reading Library
Part of attendance will be a preparedness check daily. This will be a part of your grade. You will not be able to return to your locker for supplies if you arrive unprepared. A pencil pouch may help your organization skills.
- Novel or Book of choice
· Students will learn about themselves as readers, writers, and learners;
· Students will develop and apply comprehension strategies;
· Students will integrate grammar, usage, and mechanics within the context of writing;
· Students will apply reading strategies appropriate to an academic course;
· Students will develop confidence necessary to succeed on standardized tests;
· Students will discover how to become focused life-long learners.
Tests may be retaken. Retakes must be taken outside class time, after the material has been reviewed. See me to arrange a time.
Assignments may be turned in late up until the final day of the quarter.
Make up work:
It is the student’s responsibility to check with me for any work missed due to an absence
60% System 44 Software
35% Small and Whole Group Activities
5% Employability Skills