Fundamental Language Arts
Mr. Scott Olsen
Classroom Phone: 761-1545
1. Arrive on time; Exit on time
2. Water bottles must be on the floor or empty table.
3. No passes FIRST or LAST 10 minutes of class.
· Fill out your planner first
· Quietly hand it or bring it to me.
· One pass per class
· One person out of the room at a time
4. Be respectful of each other at all times.
Expressive Writing 1 Teacher's Edition
Expressive Writing 2 Teacher's EditionExpressive Writing 1 Workbook
Expressive Writing 2 Workbook
Moby Max Language
Part of attendance will be a preparedness check daily. This will be a part of your grade. You will not be able to return to your locker for supplies if you arrive unprepared. A pencil pouch may help your organization skills.
- Novel or Book of choice
Grades are based on the following:
50% Expressive Writing
50% Pearson Literature Activities
· Students will learn about themselves as readers, writers, and learners;
· Students will develop and apply comprehension strategies;
· Students will integrate grammar, usage, and mechanics within the context of writing;
· Students will apply reading strategies appropriate to an academic course;
· Students will develop confidence necessary to succeed on standardized tests;
· Students will discover how to become focused life-long learners.
Tests may be retaken. Retakes must be taken outside class time, after the material has been reviewed. See me to arrange a time.
Assignments may be turned in late up until the final day of the quarter.
Make up work:
It is the student’s responsibility to check with me for any work missed due to an absence.