CMS Honor Band/Choir/Orchestra EnsemblesFor 6th-8th grade band, choir and orchestra students. This is an auditioned group made up of members from all the Valley Schools. If picked for this, students will be rehearsing in the evening to get ready for the Honor Festival. Then we will spend 2 days rehearsing with all the other students from the other Valley schools with our guest conductors. This year's dates are March 25-26 with the concert on March 26 at Colony HS starting at 6PM.The proposed 2020-2021 honor rehearsal dates should beTuesday, Feb. 23Monday, Mar. 1Wednesday, Mar. 17Tuesday, Mar. 23Orchestra will be from 4-5PM each dayChoir will be from 5-6PM each dayBand will be from 6-7PM each day.Here is the general 2019-2020 info. This year will be similar, but practices have not be picked yet (I will get that uploaded closer to Jan of 2019). The mandatory rehearsal schedule, grade policy, and more info is similar for this year:
- There will be 4 mandatory rehearsals at Colony Middle School Band Room.
Please see Mr. Lambert if you have questions.
Band: Feb. 25: 6:00-7:00 PM (Tues)
Mar. 2: 6:00-7:00 PM (Mon)
Mar. 18: 6:00-8:00 PM (Wed) (due to canceled rehearsal)
Mar. 24: 6:00-7:00 PM (Tues)
Choir: Feb. 25: 5:00-6:00 PM (Tues)
Mar. 2: 5:00-6:00 PM (Mon)
Mar. 18: 5:00-6:00 PM (Wed)
Mar. 24: 5:00-6:00 PM (Tues)
Orchestra: Feb. 25: 4:00-5:00 PM (Tues)
Mar. 2: 4:00-5:00 PM (Mon)
Mar. 18: 3:00-5:00 PM (Wed) (due to cancel rehearsal)
Mar. 24: 4:00-5:00 PM (Tues)
- Dress for the concert (both band, orchestra and choir) is Black and White
- On Mar. 26-27 at CMS: Here is a tentative schedule:
- Rehearsal starts about 8:15 AM at CMS (Orchestra is at CHS)
- Rehearse till about 11:30 AM
- Lunch is a pack-your-own-lunch meal
- Rehearse 12-1:15 PM.
5 CMS students help with clean up
- Come to Concert School (Colony HS) on March 27 for warm-up (Choir will be
4:45PM, Band will be 5:00 PM and Orchestra will be 5:15 PM).
- Concert will be at 6:00 PM at that CHS (you need to get a ride home).
- If you can not make these dates, then please tell Mr. Lambert ASAP.
Please read the following statements before signing:
1.Students must make all mandatory rehearsals or they can not go (that includes prescheduled trips,
family activities, being sick or forgetting to come). That seems very strict, but with only 4 hours of
rehearsal, I need to have them prepared and I need that time. Note: I cannot make up the final
practice. If a student misses that practice, they will not be able to finalize their 4 hour requirement.
2.Students are expected to practice their music on their own. They need to have the music in hand
before coming to a rehearsal.
3.Students must bring a pencil, music and whatever items they need for their instrument/voice.
- Students must be eligible to participate (60% or higher to go-Note-59.9999999% is not 60%)-Grade
cut off is Mar. 25.
- Students will be at rehearsal ON TIME (not 1 minute late) with music/pencil and instrument parts.
Here is this year's members (this contains all the students from around the district): Honor student listThis year's permission below (due to Lambert by Jan. 27)
Need a Copy: 2019-2020 Honor Permission