MUSIC ACTIVITIES for SUNDOGS - SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEOS WITH MRS. WEST :)
4th and 5th Grade: Choose a musician and watch the movie. Then take a quiz to see what you remember.
2nd and 3rd Grade: Choose a topic and watch the movie. Then take the quiz to see what you remember.
Click on the links below for a video activity with Mrs. West!
The Adams Family Cup Game (you need a cup and a buddy or two or three)
- PIANO TOUR (What does the inside of a piano look like?)
- STRAW PAN FLUTE (straws, hot glue gun, tape and scissors)
- Do, Re, Mi (a short lesson in reading notes)
- CUP GAME (a plastic cup)
- DRUM SHAKER (plastic container w/ lid, pencil, push pin, bead, string, hot glue gun)
- STRAW CLARINET (a straw and scissors)
- REAL EGG SHAKERS (egg, glass, glue, pushpin, popcorn kernels, tissue paper)
- BIM BUM CLAPPING GAME
- MOUTH BUZZER (materials: 2 popsicle sticks, 3 rubber bands, a straw)
- K/1 RHYTHM CARDS REVIEW
- Water Xylophone (materials: several glasses, water, and a wooden or plastic spoon)
- BOX HARP (materials: a box, rubber bands)
- Soap and Water (Dance with Mrs. West and Zoe)
- Body Percussion 1 (Rhythms with Mrs. West)
- RECORD PLAYERS ROCK! (a mini-lesson)
Music Books are the Best!
- Silly Dilly Song 2
- The Lady with the Alligator Purse
- Guido d'Arezzo - the man who invented music notation
- Miss Mary Mack - clapping game
- Jazzy Miz Mozetta
- Silly Dilly Song #1
- A Symphony of Whales (A true story)
- Mole Music
- Short'nin' Bread
- Froggy Went A Courting
- Big Rock Candy Mountain