CMS Honor Band/Choir/Orchestra EnsemblesFor 6th-8th grade band, choir and orchestra students. This is an auditioned group made up of members from all the Valley Schools. If picked for this, students will be rehearsing in the evening to get ready for the Honor Festival. Then we will spend 2 days rehearsing with all the other students from the other Valley schools with our guest conductors. This year's dates are March 24-25 with the concert on March 25 at Colony HS starting at 6PM.Here is the 2021-2022 Colony MS honor band/choir/orchestra students. Congratulation to these students.
Flute: Emily Bishop Sophia Gausnell
Clarinet: Alexander Jones Olivia Howe
Aly Ward Rhae Lee Hines
Alto Sax: Ian Naylor Avery Bean
Tenor Sax: Torin Erickson
Trumpet: Haaken Erickson (2nd or 3rd part)
Trombone: David Asbury Grant Ousley
Tuba: Jacob Wagner
Percussion: Owen Ross Josie Condie
Sabrina Cannon Shelby Richmond
Caroline Colburn Danarra Marvin
Savannah Berry Samantha Arvidson
Kaeilin St. Clair Kiana Colwell
Frenchesca Steele Jacob Gordon
Matthias Marvin Alexis Semonin
Ella Freeman Madison Phillipson
Taysia Dawson Aislinn Landrum
Our rehearsals are as follows:
1. There will be 4 mandatory rehearsals at Colony Middle School Band Room.
Please see Mr. Lambert if you have questions.
Band: Because all the honor students are in Advance band,
we will rehearse the music in class.
Choir: Feb. 3: 2:30-3:30 PM (Thur)
Feb. 17: 2:30-3:30 PM (Thur)
Mar. 1: 2:30-3:30 PM (Tues)
Mar. 15: 2:30-3:30 PM (Tues)
Orchestra: Feb. 1: 2:00-3:00 PM (Tues) We are starting towards the end
Feb. 22: 2:00-3:00 PM (Tues) of class each time.
Mar. 3: 2:00-3:00 PM (Thur)
Mar. 17: 2:00-3:00 PM (Thur)
- Dress for the concert (both band, orchestra and choir) is Black and White
- On Mar. 24-25 at CMS: Here is a tentative schedule:
- Rehearsal starts about 8:15 AM at CMS (Orchestra is at CHS)
- Rehearse till about 10:45 AM
- Lunch is a pack-your-own-lunch meal
- Rehearse 11:15-1:15PM
- CMS students help with clean up.
- Come to Concert School (Colony HS) on March 25 for warm-up (Choir will be 4:45PM, Band will be 5:00 PM and Orchestra will be 5:15 PM).
- Concert will be at 6:00 PM at that CHS (you need to get a ride home).
- If you can not make these dates, then please tell Mr. Lambert ASAP.
Please read the following statements before signing:
1.Students must make all madatory rehearsals or they can not go (that includes prescheduled trips,
family activities, being sick or forgetting to come). That seems very strict, but with only 4 hours of
rehearsal, I need to have them prepared and I need that time. Note: I cannot make up the final
pratice. If a student misses that practice, they will not be able to finalize their 4 hour requirement.
2.Students are expected to practice their music on their own. They need to have the music in hand
before coming to a rehearsal.
3.Students must bring a pencil, music and whatever items they need for their instrument/voice.
This year's permission below (due to Lambert by Jan. 14)
- Students must be eligible to participate Grades will not affect this (for this year), but behavior in school will.
- Students will be at rehearsal ON TIME (not 1 minute late) with music/pencil and instrument parts.
Need a Copy: 2021-2022 Honor Permission Form