Hello 7th and 8th grade Parents and Students!
Senior NYO: Athletes in grades 7-12 compete at the Senior NYO level. The Senior NYO season starts on February 22, 2021. In order to participate, you must complete the following:
1. Sign up on PlanetHS
2. Current Physical must be on file at CMS
3. Download Permission to Participate/Covid Waiver. Must be returned before you are allowed to practice.
4. Download a copy of the CMS Team Rules. Please sign/return to Coach Olsen.
5. Pay the NYO fee of $30.00.
Due to COVID 19, the following protocols will be observed during the season:
1. Practices are Monday - Thursday from 2:30 - 3:45PM. There are no practices on Friday.
2. Athletes must be picked up after practice by 4:00PM.
3. Masks will be worn by coaches and athletes at all times, even when practicing and competing.
4. Spectators will not be permitted. Only essential personnel (coaches, sponsors, student-athletes, etc.) will be allowed to attend pre-season training, practices, and organized competitions. If organized competitions occur, they will be live streamed to the maximum extent possible.
5. This year we will no longer use shared equipment. There will be no Eskimo Stick Pull, Arm Pull, or Wrist Carry.
6. Athletes are required to answer a series of COVID 19 screening questions daily before they are allowed to practice and/or compete.
7. There will be no shaking of hands with judges, coaches, and fellow athletes.
8. Hand sanitizer will be available at all practices and meets.
9. Dress code: All athletes must have appropriate clothing on at all times during competition. Each athlete needs to be wearing a team shirt at all times. The sleeves may be cut, but not down the sides.
March 27, 2021: Mat-Su Senior NYO Invitational at Houston Jr/Sr High - Times are TBD
April 9-10, 2021: Mat-Su Regional Meet at Houston Jr/Sr High - This may change to ONLY March 10, 2021.
TBD: Cook Inlet Tribal Council virtual State Meet: Information will be posted as it becomes available.