Available Community Resources & COVID-19 Support
For MSBSD Students & Families
- Alaska 211
- Alaska 211 is a vital service that connects people to help. This is a one-stop resource for finding help in our community. It’s free, confidential, and available in almost any language. They have nurses working their call center to answer questions in regard to COVID-19 concerns.
- Dial 211 or call 800-478-2221 (7am-8pm, 7 days a week)
- Or email them questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Way Mat-Su Valley Resource Guide Online
- There is a wealth of information in this guide to assist families who may be lacking basic needs such as food/shelter, have healthcare/mental health concerns, or need financial assistance.
- Connect Mat-Su
- Connect Mat-Su by Mat-Su Health Foundation provides Mat-Su residents with immediate access to the information, referrals, and direct assistance needed for them to thrive physical, mentally, and emotionally.
- 373-CNCT (2628) Available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Mat-Su Health Services
- Provides crisis intervention services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is no charge for this service, and you do not need to be a client. They are available for those feeling stressed or anxious. They have case managers to help with community resource referrals if you are in need. They also provide medical, dental, and general behavior health services by appointment.
- 907-376-2411 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Careline Crisis Intervention Careline Crisis Intervention
- Alaska’s suicide prevention and someone-to-talk to line.
- 800-266-HELP or text 4help to 839863
- Kids Kupboard
- Kids Kupboard will be providing fresh meals to children 18 and younger at the following mobile sites below. Please if you are interested in donating or helping see their website for more information.
- Mat-Su Food Bank
- The Food Pantry of Wasilla is open Monday-Friday 10am-1pm. Located next to Good Shepard Lutheran Church across from Wasilla Middle School. Their staff is working double time to ensure safety of guests and they are only allowing 3 people in the pantry at a time. If you are interested in volunteering or donating, they could use help-please contact them.
- My House
- Available to assist youth ages 14-24 who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness. My House has a drive-up window that is graciously handing out a free take-away supper club food pack to anyone hungry age 14-24 from 3-4pm (M-F).
- Pizza Hut Wasilla
- Pizza Hut Wasilla is offering any school aged child, with their guardian, a free large slice of pizza for pickup M-F 11am-1pm. Available until school is back in session.
- Internet Support for MSBSD Students & Educators
- Providers MTA, GCI, ACS are committed to supporting MSBSD families and employees during this challenging time. Details about the options available from each provider and how to subscribe are available in the above link.
- Valley Transit
- Valley Transit is waiving fares for commuter services at this time. See website for details if using their services.
- While school is on pause, kids can listen to Audible audiobooks for free.
- Headspace App
- Mindfulness app to help you stress less, move more, and sleep better during these uncertain times. Free content has been made available.
- Statewide Electronic Library Doorway
- Information Resources for, about, and by Alaskans.
- Providence Coronavirus Resource Hub
- Your hub for coronavirus resources from Providence Hospital. Find hope, guidance, a COVID-19 assessment tool, and resources from Providence.
- Providence Alaska 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line
- Provided by Providence Hospital Anchorage
- 907-212-6183 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website with everything you need to know about COVID-19.
- Coronavirus Self-Checker Tool (CDC)
- A guide to help you make decisions and seek appropriate medical care.
- Coronavirus Checker Tool (Emory University School of Medicine)
- Easy online assessment tool to check COVID-19 symptoms.
- Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) COVID-19 Webpage
- COVID-19 updates for Alaskans, press releases, health alerts/mandates (I suggest signing up for these by text or email), case counts for Alaska, and resources/educational materials.
- Mat-Su Borough Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Webpage
- Find out where to get tested for COVID-19 in the valley, case counts, essential services locators map, resources, news, and updates.
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 Webpage
- Global information/resources/case counts for COVID-19.
- Unicef: How Teenagers Can Protect Their Mental Health During COVID-19
- Informative materials for teens during this stressful time.
- Helping Children Cope with Changes Resulting from COVID-19
- Helpful resources from National Association of School Psychologists.
- Healthy Children.org 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Coronavirus and Family Mental Health (The Clay Center for Young Healthy Minds)
- Helpful mental health coronavirus resources from Massachusetts General Hospital, The Clay Center for Young Healthy Minds.
- Alaska 211
I'm Looking For...