Interested in supporting PHS eSports? Check out our wish list below and onAmazon.com.
What we have now:
- 5 Dell gaming computers with great graphics cards
- 20 standard classroom computers with standard keyboards and mice
What we'd like:
- 14 gaming keyboards
- Gaming keyboards are better designed to suit competitive gaming--they register keystrokes more quickly, more precisely, and have more options for customization than a standard keyboard.
- Fourteen keyboards means that all of our competition team members (6 for Overwatch, 5 for League of Legends, and 3 for Rocket League) will have the same equipment to practice and compete on.
- 14 gaming mice
- A gaming mouse is different from a standard mouse in several key ways. A gaming mouse is more responsive, has bettor sensors, and is designed to be more comfortable in the hand with more buttons to use for specific moves within a game.
- Fourteen gaming mice means that of our competition team members will have the same equipment to practice and compete on.
- 14 gaming headsets
- One of the most important skills for students to develop is communication. Headsets help students to communicate with each other without the distractions of other gamers talking in the same room. Headsets also make it easier to hear sound cues within the game that provide important pieces of information.
- Fourteen gaming headsets means that all of our competition team members will have the same equipment to practice and compete on.
- Amazon gift cards
- Our lab needs other things, like fans, mouse pads, and storage containers with locks. An Amazon gift card enables us to purchase these extras as we have funds available.
- Fred Meyer or Carrs/Safeway Gift Cards
- Teenagers at the end of the day are hungry! We do our best to feed our students some kind of healthy snack at the end of the day (we've eaten our way through about 60 pounds of carrots just since September!). Any gift cards from local grocery stores will go directly into buying snacks for our students.
Our Amazon.com wishlist has specific keyboards, mice, and headsets identified, but we're not picky. If you have a favorite you recommend, or if you have an old keyboard, mouse, or headset you're willing to donate to our program, we'll take it! Having good equipment available for students increases their engagement in the program, which increases our ability to keep teaching the things that make eSports so special: teamwork, communication, resiliency, and digital citizenship.