Classroom/Grade Level Reward Ideas for Y Students
These rewards can be used as well as any other rewards teachers choose (see the note at the bottom).
- Transition without an escort (to/from specials, lunch, bus, recess, reading, etc.)
- Chosen to be a “caboose, sweeper, etc.”—turn off lights, shut door
- Sit by a friend at lunch
- Sit anywhere in the room at lunch
- Switch spots with another student for the day
- Use the Y Room when available
- Extra free time
- Extra computer time
- Free homework pass once a week
- Double days—random days that students who behaved get to move up 2 spaces
- Popcorn parties
- Popsicle parties
- Y students can be the first off the buses in the morning
The following schoolwide rewards will be implemented. Other rewards may be added as the year goes.
- Caught Ya’s one bonus space once a week
- Recognition at assemblies
- If an entire class reaches the Y and stays for an entire day, they get to have a running parade.
- At the beginning of each semester, the first class to have every student reach the Y gets an ice cream party.
Please do not use electronic devices, hats, gum or any other things that are against school or district policy for rewards.