The high school cross country season will begin on July 31, 2019. To be eligible to participate, students need to have the following items completed and or turned in to the Activity Secretary: (1) create an student and a parent account at www.planeths.com, (2) a current physical, (3) pay or have arrangement for paying the activity fee. 9th graders are required to complete a baseline concussion screening, which can be coordinated with our Athletic Director, Mrs. Blydenburgh. The new activity fee is $200 (there is a 50% discount available for families who qualify for free and reduced lunch).
XC Schedule for Sept 30 - Oct 5 (Practices are mandatory for those who qualified for state but all are welcome).
- Mon: Practice from 2:45 – 4:45
- Tues: Practice from 2:45 – 4:45
- Wed: Practice from 2:30 - 4:30
- Thurs: Practice from 2:45 – 3:45
- Fri: Practice from 2:45 - 3:45
- Sat: X country meet at Bartlett High School. (State)
Race Schedule (Meets are only on Saturdays)
- 7/31/19 @ Redington Jr/Sr High School first practice.
- 8/17/19 @ Redington
- 8/24/19 @ Tsalteshi Invitational (cancelled)
- 8/31/19 @ Bartlett High School (State Preview)
- 9/07/19 @ Palmer High School
- 9/14/19 @ Colony High School (cancelled). Tentatively we will be going to Seward on Friday, 9/13/19
- 9/21/19 @ Maureen McCombs Equistrian Trail (Hosted by Wasilla High School)
- 9/28/19 @ Palmer High School (XC Regions)
- 10/5/19 @ Bartlett High School (State XC Meet)
Practices will be at RJS Monday through Fridays from 2:45 pm to 4:45 pm unless otherwise posted.
Schedule for the first two weeks of training will be posted on our facebook page. To join our facebook page search "Redington Jr/Sr High School X-Country Running"
Facebook: Redington Jr/Sr High School X-Country Running