Methods of Communication
- TMS Cross Country website
- Listen to announcements during practice time. If you miss a practice check with a coach for updated information.
- To sign up for Teeland XC Running Parents on Remind: Send a text to...81010...text this message...@teeland
- Sign up with PlanetHS and upload your Current Physical or drop it off at the TMS Office
- Pay for all activities using SchoolPay
- Grades- you must maintain a 2.0 grade point average
- First day of practice: Tuesday, August 16 - you must have a physical to practice
- Last day to join: August 25
- All athletes are strongly encouraged to have the following: a watch with a timer, good running shoes, a light jacket and a water bottle.
- Read and Sign the Cross Country Contract
Practices and Routine We meet at 2:25 every day. We practice every day regardless of the weather. That gives you 10 minutes to change clothes and show up on the gym floor. If you are going to be late, it is your responsibility to find a coach and let them know. Attendance is mandatory to compete in races . If you are going to be absent, you need to email or bring in a note. Practices run from 2:25 to 4:00 Monday-Friday. Parents, please pick up your runner before 4:15.
Uniforms are school issued. You will receive these before the first meet and return them to coaches after the last meet. If you fail to return them, you will be charged $25 for the bottoms and $25 for the tops (and no ice cream!)
Behavior and Rules TMS school rules apply: you may not interfere with the learning, safety or well-being of others. You must come to practice to remain on the team. Only two unexcused absences will be allowed. After a third unexcused absence, you will be asked to turn in your uniform. Please communicate with your coaches. If an absence is planned, then have your parents email the coaches with the dates of the absence and reason for the absence.
Nutrition: It is important to eat nutritious foods: grains, cereals, dairy products, meats, fruits, and vegetables. Stay well hydrated.Try to get at least eight hours of sleep per night.
Rhett Buchanan: Rhett.Buchanan@matsuk12.us
David Knopp: David.Knopp@matsuk12.us