Assistive Technology is a device and/or service that is determined to be educationally necessary for a student to receive a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
Assistive Technology (AT) tools help students:
- Communicate with teachers and classmates
- Do their schoolwork
- Participate in school programs and activities
Examples of Assistive Technology
AT tools are commonly described as “low-tech”, “mid-tech”, or “high-tech.” An AT evaluation will determine the type(s) of tools best able to support your student at school.
Types of AT Requests
- AT Evaluation
- ESY Request
- Fall Request
- Ongoing Support
- Training Request
Request an AT Evaluation
If you believe your student needs assistive technology, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to matsuk12.us
- Click on employee quick links
- Select the “Service Request” icon
- Select MSBSD Service (Ticket)
- Under services, select Student Assistive Technology (SAT)
- Request Service
- Fill out all known information
AT Evaluation Process
Once you have submitted your AT request you will be contacted by an AT specialist within 5 business days of the time your request was submitted.
Once you have been contacted by the AT Specialist:
- Your student will be evaluated at school during the school day.
- Your student and his or her supporting staff will be trained in the use of AT equipment.
- The AT Specialist will collaborate with educators and related service providers to customize goals for the student.
- Evaluation may include a trial. Your student’s performance will be reviewed and his or her Individualized Education Plan (IEP) will be adjusted if appropriate upon collaboration with the IEP team.
After the Evaluation
- If AT devices and/or services are necessary, your students IEP or 504 plan will be revised to include specific information about the recommended service(s) and/or device(s).
- The AT department will provide all equipment that is recommended. Students who receive home instruction will receive their AT delivery and services at home.
- All AT devices are purchased and owned by the Matanuska Susitna Borough School District. Students must return their equipment at the end of the school year, when they graduate, or if they leave the district. AT equipment is intended for use at school but may be utilized at home if a checkout form is submitted and if prior approval from the AT department has been given.
- The AT department will provide ongoing training to the student, educational team, related service providers and parents/guardians as needed. Initial training is provided during the evaluation process. School staff is responsible for use of the device and ongoing support to the student.
- If a device is found to be broken, missing or needing repair, please contact the AT specialist at your school or submit a Student Assistive Technology (SAT) ticket under “Service Request” on the Employee Quick Links page.
Many technology options are available to us today. Most people today carry smartphones, tablets and use computers every day. These technologies can be considered “Instructional Technology” (IT) when we use them to support education and learning.
They can also be considered “Assistive Technology” when used to improve the functional capabilities of students with disabilities who cannot access their curriculum through other means.
All assistive technology is listed on the student’s IEP or 504 plan. IT equipment, however, can be used as a resource by all students.