Learn about MSBSD Preschool
Preschool Interest Process
Fall registration will open July 1, 2024. Complete registration in Parentvue
Please review the Preschool Eligibility Requirement section below.
If your student is eligible, proceed with registration, choosing your preferred school location when prompted for School Selection.
- The school will verify and place you on the preschool roster. If the roster is full, the registrar will contact you with options.
- AM/PM placement is first come/first served" based on date/time of registration.
- Teachers will contact parents in August and place students.
- Sites are either--10:1 with one Certified Preschool teacher OR 20:2 ratio, which includes a Certified Preschool teacher and an aide.
- Each session is 2.5 hours a day.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian
If your student does not meet the Federal Programs qualifications listed above or your family is looking for other options, we proudly partner with Chugiak Children Services, Head Start program. You can find out if you qualify and get more information here.
If you have taken your student to CHILDFIND and they have qualified, proceed with registration, but please select the A Child Find when prompted for School Selection.
Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2024
Children must be potty-trained
Title I, Migrant Education, & Title VI Indian Education support the Federal Programs preschools. Students must be eligible for one of these programs.
- Title I – must live within the physical boundary of a designated Title I school.
- Migrant Education (Title I-C) – currently enrolled in the Migrant Education Program through the Federal Programs Office.
- Title VI (Indian Education) – enrolled member or descendant of an enrolled member of a recognized tribe or tribal group. Documentation is required.
Big Lake Elementary
Cottonwood Creek Elementary
Finger Lake Elementary
Goose Bay Elementary
John Shaw Elementary
Palmer High School
Preschool Teaching Staff
Preschool Teacher, Finger Lake Elementary