Preschool selection notification will begin the week of August 13, 2018 continuing through August 24, 2018. Preschool classes begin Monday, August 27th, 2018. The survey at the bottom of this page called "Parent Request Survey" is the only pathway to preschool enrollment. Please do not enroll preschool children through the iParent iEnroll process. If your child is selected, a Federal Programs preschool teacher will contact parents directly to initiate the preschool enrollment process.State funding has been granted, therefore, all programs listed below will be provided during the 2018-19 school year.
Big Lake Elementary
Finger Lake Elementary
Goose Bay Elementary
John Shaw Elementary
Iditarod Elementary School
Meadow Lakes Elementary
Palmer High School
Title I, Migrant Education, Title VI (Indian Education), and Widening The Net funding sources support the Federal Program preschools. Selected students must be eligible for at least one of these programs:
- Title I - must live within the physical boundary of a designated Title I school.
- Migrant Education (Title IC) - currently enrolled in Migrant Education Program through Federal Programs.
- Title VI (Indian Education) - enrolled member or descendent of enrolled member of a recognized tribe or tribal group. Documentation Required.
- Widening The Net - MatSu Early Childhood Partnership (ECP) program open to district wide students who are not being served by other local programs.
In addition to program eligibility student selection will be based on the following priority:
- Children who are less than 5 and greater than 3 years of age prior to September 1 in the current year and have not been served by a MSBSD preschool, and have academic need (as determined by a screening interview conducted by a Federal Programs preschool teacher).
- In addition to the above Selection Priority eligibility, Widening The Net Preschool has a special focus on English Learners.
Click staff name to email & phone to dial on mobile devices. See specific program staff on program pages.