High School InternshipThis level of internship is designed for high school students in the MSBSD who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of Information Technology. High school students can apply to this program as early as 9th grade and work through graduation. Program participation lasts through graduation.A high school intern fills a classified temporary help position of the IT Intern Classification that:
- Is paid according to the IT Intern Classification Wage Schedule;
- At max 20 hours per week, $10/hour;
- Provides NO benefits;
- Provides mileage reimbursement, do not have to be able to drive;
- Provides on-the-job training and knowledge sharing;
- Provides industry standard equipment, hardware, and software to be used for the job and/or for school;
- Provides work-based learning credit;
- Upon a successful completion of the high school internship program, you are eligible to enter a vacant internship position as a vertical and progressive move.
- Could receive HS credit for hours worked.
Admission RequirementsProspective candidates are required to apply for the program and must meet the following criteria and/or provide:
- Enrollment in local MSBSD high schools;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and eligible to work in this country as determined by the U.S. Immigration Laws;
- A clearly written statement of qualifications for pursuing this program. This statement should explain the applicant’s career and academic goals;
- Two letters of recommendation indicating the applicant’s abilities and potential for completing the program successfully.
- All application materials must be received before the expiration of the posting;
- Must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
How to ApplyTo apply for an internship position, a candidate must complete the MSBSD Intern Application, Statement of Purpose, and include two letters of recommendation.
- Temporary Position Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
I'm Looking For...