Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District
The mission of MSBSD is "We prepare all students for success." Visit here for more information on our School Board Vision, Mission, Beliefs, Values, Goals and Objectives.
What's Happening in MSBSD this year?
ON NOVEMBER 30, 2018, STUDENTS EVACUATED HOUSTON MIDDLE SCHOOL DURING THE 7.1 EARTHQUAKE THAT SHOOK SOUTHCENTRAL ALASKA. THE SCHOOL REMAINS EMPTY TODAY. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KEEPING UP-TO-DATE, CLICK HERE TO SEE IMPORTANT TIMELINES, DOCUMENTS AND OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE STATUS OF THE SCHOOL.
- The Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District is located approximately 35 miles north of Anchorage in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in an area commonly known as the “Valley”.
- The district spans approximately 25,000 square miles, an area larger than the entire state of West Virginia.
- The Mat-Su Borough is home to more than 105,000 residents and is the fastest growing area in Alaska. To find out more about our great Valley, visit these Mat-Su Community Links.
- State of Alaska
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough Government
- City of Palmer
- City of Wasilla
- City of Houston
- Mat-Su Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Palmer Chamber of Commerce
- Wasilla Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska State Fair
- Youth 360 : Summer and afterschool programming at Houston Jr/Sr High School and Wasilla Middle School
- Connect Mat-Su: Immediate access to information, referrals, and direct assistance needed for Mat-Su residents to thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally
- LINKS : Community and family resources for children with special needs and support services
- Saroma, Japan
Our student population is diverse—from various socio-economic, cultural, and language backgrounds. We welcome and embrace our diversity and strive to provide an equitable, strong educational foundation for all Mat-Su students.
This below information is available from National Center for Educational Statistics