In collaboration with the Mat-Su Borough, School Boundary Maps are provided to help parents identify the school boundaries in which they live.
To use the School Boundary Maps:
- Select your student's grade grouping:
- Enter your street address in the search bar
- The boundary school will be identified with clickable links to their website
For information about bus stops outside of your assigned school's boundary, contact the Pupil Transportation Department.
Boundary Exemption Process
The Matanuska Susitna Borough School District is a district of choice with an “open enrollment” policy, which means that a school can accept boundary exemption requests from all MSBSD students who reside outside their boundaries, based on whether they have staffing and capacity. Since schools can receive over 200 boundary exemption requests each year, requests submitted before April 1st have the best chance of being accepted. However, students from out-of-boundary schools must provide their own transportation.
- Complete and submit the Boundary Exemption Form through ParentVUE -- Click Here for Instructions.
- It is the parent / guardian’s responsibility to transport their student(s) to the closest bus stop / route for the school that they are attending.
- Please check the attending school’s bus routing schedule to determine what bus route and stop would work best for your child(ren).
- Boundary exempt students may ride buses to the school they are attending, on a space available basis.
- For more information, regarding bus stop locations and timing, please contact the Matanuska Susitna Borough School District’s Pupil Transportation Department at (907) 761-4357.