Hello CHS X-C Athletes,
I am excited to introduce myself as one of your coaches for Cross Country this fall. Some of you already know me but for those who don’t, here’s a little background on my running and coaching experience.
I have been a runner for over 30 years. I have competed in road, trail, and mountain races ranging from 5k to marathon distance both in Alaska and the Lower 48. My coaching experience includes;
> Track & Field - Distance Coach
> Palmer High School - Head Coach Cross Country
> Colony High School - Head Coach Cross Country> MatSu Running Club Coach - Founder, President, and Coach 20+ years>MatSu Junior Running Coach>Region III Cross Country Coach of the Year 2014, 2015 and 2016
I am a certified coach with the following organizations;
• ASAA (Alaska Schools Athletic Association)
• Cross Country Running & Endurance Training
• Road Runner’s Club of America (RRCA)
• United States Track & Field (USATF) Level II
• Primary Aerobic Certified Instructor (AAAI/ISMA)
• First Aid/CPR Certified
Some expectations I will have for the season:* Do not miss practices. If you are sick or injured, you need to communicate with one of the coaches.
• Come mentally and physically prepared to follow the workout plan given.
• Be positive and encourage your teammates.
• Check out with a coach after every workout. I will want to know how the workout went
and how you are feeling.• Make us proud to take you on road trips.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call. I am excited for the season and look forward to meeting you on July 26th or before.
P.S. Please forward this information to any athletes you know might be interested in joining us this fall.