How to Help Students Prepare Music in Kindergarten
Kindergarten Music Skills:
The student should be able to;
1. recognize and maintain a steady beat.
2. echo short melodic patterns.
3. differentiate between sound and silence.
4. differentiate long/short sounds.
5. demonstrate the ability to define and maintain personal space.
6. distinguish between loud and soft sounds.
7. demonstrate the ability to work effectively alone or with a group.
Kindergarten Music Vocabulary:
Steady beat-A regular pulse.
Melody- A line of single tones that move upward, downward or repeat.
Chorus- A group of singers performing as a unit.
Rests-Symbols for silence in music.
Last Modified on January 25, 2012
I'm Looking For...