We are here to end the homework blues!CMS staff wants to make sure that homework is not a crisis at your house.
Here are some tips:
- Check teacher websites linked on our Staff page for homework assignments
- Most textbooks are online. Students may need login from teacher:
- Language Arts Textbook Online
- New MATH texts not yet available online
- School Library opens at 6:30 and closes at 3:00. Students can always print and work in the library.
- Saving work between home and school
- Use a flash/thumb drive
- Use Edmodo to save files.
- Use Google Drive or Mat-Su Google Drive. ALL students have a Mat-Su Google Drive account. Their login is the same as their school computer login. Any file can be save on Google Drive and there are tools for word process, presentations, spread sheets, etc.
- Need a word processing program?
- Use Google Drive ( has word processing, spreadsheet, presentations and more.)
- Use Open Office - this is a public domain full feature office suite, just like MS Office. NOTE: If you use open office files should be saved as RTF or DOCx to be compatible with school programs.
- About Mat-Su Google Drive: Mat-Su Google Drive allows students to have a more secure Google Drive account without needing their own email address. Accounts are setup through the District and administered by the school librarian. All students have, or can have, accounts. All seventh and eighth grade students are setup and have used Google Drive at school. Contact the school librarian with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer information
- CMS has Dell computers with Windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Office 10 for productivity software.
- MS Office is not compatible with MAC Pages, Open Office, or Windows Write
- Save files as: RTF (rich text format) OR as DOCx to be able to open and print files at school.
- Visit the School Library website for more info on research and technology.
Last Modified on August 27, 2014
I'm Looking For...