Upcoming District Events
October 18, 2023
October 19, 2023
October 20, 2023
November 1, 2023
November 2, 2023
November 3, 2023
November 10, 2023
November 23, 2023
November 24, 2023
Welcome to the Home of the Grizzlies
Leigh Magnan-Principal, firstname.lastname@example.orgChrissy Lovelace- Vice Principal, email@example.comDenise Biornstad- Administrative Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.orgMandy Trelfa - Secretary/Registrar, email@example.comRachel Lund - Nurse, firstname.lastname@example.org address: 3808 S. Big Lake Road, Big Lake, AKmailing address: PO Box 520049, Big Lake, AK 99652office phone: 907.892.9700 fax: 907.892.9780
Thank you to these local businesses and community members for their donations to our Grizzly Cache!
Jeff Ross, Jo Walch, BLE PTO, First Choice Physical Therapy, True Colors Painting, Tundra Tanning & Taxidermy, MBC Concrete/Construction, Three Bears Alaska, Gorilla Fireworks, Doyon Utilities, K3 Group, Perfect Start, Enderson's Concrete, McKenna Brothers Paving, Providence Progressive and Intermediate Care Unit.
Big Lake Announcements
Does your student need a little help with reading, comprehension and phonics? Coming October 24th, they can join the Literacy Club before school! All students are welcome! Be on the lookout for permission slips soon.
Upcoming BLE Events
September 27- Cross Country Meet @PHSOctober 7- Grizzly Cache Gear SwapOctober 12- Combined Choir Concert @HMSOctober 19 & 20- No School, Parent Teacher ConferenceOctober 26- Picture Retakes and Group PicturesBig Lake Elementary School Hours 2023-2024
* Please try to call with any end of day transportation changes prior to 2:00
- School drop-off on Mondays @10:05
- School begins at 10:15 on Mondays
- School drop-off Tuesday thru Friday @ 9:00
- School begins at 9:15 Tuesday thru Friday
- School ends at 3:45
- School buses depart at 4:00
- MEDICATION AT SCHOOL
- NO cough drop, Tylenol, Tums etc – Please do NOT send to school. Kids like to share cough drops like candy and we can run into big problems. Cough drops are available in nurse office.
- All medication must be delivered by parent/guardian in original packaging. Prescription medication must have a current prescription label attached.
- Please contact the school nurse to complete a permission form if prescription medication needs to be administered to your student during the school year.
- If your student currently has asthma, diabetes, seizures, or history of sever allergies/anaphylaxis please contact the school nurse to start an action plan for the current year.
- TOO SICK FOR SCHOOL?
- Fever of 100 degree or higher
- Vomiting within 24 hours
- Diarrhea within 24 hours
- Crusty and or discharge and redness around eye
- Sore throat, headache, or stomachache
- Untreated lice
- Free glasses at no cost – talk with your school nurse
- HEALTH SCREENING
K, 1, 3, 5 and new to district students will receive health screening. Additionally, a screening may take place if requested by a teacher, parent, or in-school intervention team referral. The health screening includes height, weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing, dental and postural assessment on 5th grade girls. You will receive a referral if these basic screening test indicate that further testing or follow-up is necessary. When additional follow-up is necessary you will receive a referral letter for health care provider. No permission slip will be sent home. To opt out please email email@example.com