Air Force Aid Society
Grants ranging from $500 to $4,000 are awarded to eligible Air Force dependents each year. The specific amount awarded correlates to a student’s particular level of financial need.
A unique feature to this program – each grant awarded carries the name of an individual or organization exemplifying service to the USAF, and that biographical information is sent to each grant recipient. See a full listing of named Arnold Education Grants.
The Alaska Community Foundation
At the Alaska Community Foundation, we understand that researching and applying for scholarships is confusing and time-consuming. We wish to support you as much as we can during the application process. The good news is the earlier in high school you prepare to apply for scholarships, the more likely you are to be awarded one!
We have over 30 scholarships available, for which you may be eligible. Take a look at our quick step by step process that will help you navigate the scholarship process—from start to finish.
Arkansas Tour Guid Scholarship (Deadline: 12/31/2019)
Award amount: $1000
We want to see your favorite road trip destination(s) in your state— from your unique perspective. If it makes sense to hit the open road and be our virtual tour guide, that's great! But there are no limits to what we're looking for: a narrated animation, a slideshow of memorabilia, an illustrated map of the best roadside attractions on the way. This is a chance for you to showcase any place you love in as an original way as possible.
How do I choose a location?
The length of the road trip to your feature destrination is inconsequential. So if you have an awesome spot in mind that's just two miles from home, we want to see it.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States. Upon notification, winner(s) must supply a current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance.
- Create a video
- Post online
- Submit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your name, address and phone number whenyou submit
ASEA State and Palmer Elks Vocational Grants (Deadline: 3/10/2019)
The scholarship must be in the hands of the Lodge Secretary, Lodge Scholarship Chairperson, or the State Scholarship Committee (if mailing directly to the committee) at the below listed address by the March 10th deadline.
Judging will be for the following:
- Attitude: General worthiness, desire
- Need: Financial need, resourcefulness
- Activities:Records from work, school (transcript required), community service, and association with applicant's field or interests
- Skills: Show of good aptitude toward chosen vocation
- Grades: High school grades and other test scores, etc.
- Program: Past and planned preparation for chosen vocational field
- Brochure: Completeness, neatness, and following of directions
Lodge Secretary/Madonna Southcott:
Palmer Elks Lodge #1842
2600 N. Barry's Resort Dr.
Wasilla, AK 99654
Burger King Scholarship (Deadline 12/15/2019)
WHO CAN APPLY:
· High School Seniors
· BK® Employees
· Children, Spouses or Partners of Employees
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE:
· $1,000 - $50,000 in Scholarships
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
· Be from the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico
· Have a 2.5 GPA or higher, work experience and community involvement
Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation for High School Juniors
Any high school junior who plans to enroll in college in the fall of 2020 and is an American citizen or legal permanent resident is eligible to apply (unfortunately current high school seniors are not eligible to apply). All applications must be completed online and submitted by 5:00 PM Eastern Standart Time, Wednesday, January 23, 2019
City Property Management (Deadline: 07/31/2020)
- Completed application must be submitted online by July 31, 2020. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicant must plan to attend college by fall semester 2020.
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- A transcript must be attached to application for consideration.
- Applicant must submit an un-opened copy of official transcripts if selected as a finalist.
- This scholarship is a one-time award worth $1,000 to be awarded the fall semester of 2020.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
- Applicant will be required to demonstrate both their merit and their need for this scholarship
College Board Scholarship Search
Scholarship List Collegeboard.com offers an extensive database of scholarship opportunities.
The College Board will provide unlimited SAT score reports for low-income students this spring. In addition, CSS Profile will become completely free for low-income students.
College Decision Day is quickly approaching as acceptance and award letters roll in. We have integrated some new tools into College Covered to make it easier for students to make an informed choice on where they go to college.
- Compare Award Letters: The Award Letter is an important factor for many families as they try to figure out which schools they can afford to send their student to. However, they’re not always written in the clearest language. Our Award Letter Comparison Tool, can help students and parents interpret their financial aid packages from up to 5 different schools to help determine which one is best for them.
- College Decision Day: Some of your students may know which school they want to attend without a doubt, but others may be a bit unsure. Either way, now that they’ve been accepted, making that final choice can be intimidating. That’s why we’ve created this handy quiz to help students decide what's the best fit.
- Scholarship Sweepstakes Award: It’s not too late to get more money for college. Your students and parents have a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship from Discover Student Loans! The first drawing is April 9, so be sure to have them visit College Covered to enter.
Cyrus Aldeman Scholarship Award
This scholarship goes to the first person of the 11% in the graduating class of WHS. Awardee will be notified by WHS and must attend banquet ceremony to receive the scholarship. No application required, you will be notified by your counselor if you are the lucky recipient of this award.
Dabe Ritter Scholarship (Deadline: 6/30/2020)
Award Amount: $1,500
In order to apply for this scholarship, we request you write a 500+ word essay on why having a higher education is important. We’d like to learn more about you as a student, and how you’ve persevered and fought to get the education you want. Tell us about one challenge, and how it has prepared you for the challenges you face as a student. At El Dabe Law, we passionately believe in and support the importance of a proper education. Without an education, many doors will remain closed. Going to school is an uphill battle – and if you don’t have the proper aid in place – you may end up never going to school. We make this easier for you, by offering our 2 annual $1500 scholarships. This scholarship is our way of providing support to those who want a higher education.
In order to apply for this scholarship, we request you write a 500+ word essay on why having a higher education is important. We’d like to learn more about you as a student, and how you’ve persevered and fought to get the education you want. Tell us about one challenge, and how it has prepared you for the challenges you face as a student.The scholarship can be used for any form of school related expenses. We will not verify how it’s used.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an accredited university, in the U.S.A.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- All applications should be submitted no later than June 30th, 2020
- There is no application fee
Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarships
As part of our collection of business education resources, our in-house experts Prof. Dennis Masino and Jackie Giuliano, Ph.D. made a list of scholarships for accounting and business students.
It provides up-to-date information on 100+ privately funded awards available to college students. It contains detailed information on the awards that are available from private sources such as foundations, corporations, and religious and civic organizations.
It is our aim to help improve a student's chances of landing a scholarship by making the search process a little easier:
Free Speech Essay Contest
FIRE's essay contest - Students must submit an essay between 800 and 1, 000 words on the provided topic "Free Speech". One $10,000 first prize, one $5,000 second prize, and three $1,000 runner-up prizes will be awarded for the best essays. Four $500 winners will be chose from the remaining entrants in a drawing.
Kuskokwim Educational Foundation
- Must have attained high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Be admitted full-time or part-time into an accredited post-secondary or vocational training program
- Be a TKC Shareholder
- Complete the required application and materials by deadline
- All applicants must be in good academic standing (cumulative and term GPA 2.5 or higher)
In addition to meeting all other KEF General Scholarship criteria, Competitive Scholarship eligibility requirements include:
Leo morgan Memorial Scholarship
- Minimum GPA 3.5 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Aerospace major or closely related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher
Mary Morgan Wolf Memorial Scholarship
- A Native student from the Middle Kuskokwim region
- Health related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher
Glenn "Timy" Fredericks Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Business related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or gigher
Nick Mellick Memorial Scholarship
- Business related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher
- Must currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States or Canada.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
- Must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.)
- Must submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation.
- The essay, idea, or creation must be the applicant’s original work.
All submissions must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of each month. The submission window closes starting the 21st and will reopen on the 1st at 8:00 a.m.
Scholarship winners will be contacted via email and must respond within five(5) days of the date of the email to accept the award. If no response is received within this time, another recipient will be selected.
Martin Luther King Jr. (Deadline: 3/31/20)
Award Amount: $2000
Applications for the 2020 Mat-Su MLK Jr. Foundation Scholarship are available. This scholarship is for graduating seniors from a Mat-Su Valley HS. This is a one-time non-renewable scholarship for $2000/$1000/$500 to a deserving graduate from a Mat-Su Valley HS for the academic year 2019-20. All applicants must submit the information requested on the application, to:
P.O. Box 875754 or email to email@example.com with the subject line "MLK JR Scholarship". The documents must be PDF format. For consideration, applicants must submit the required information by the submission deadline of March 31, 2020.
National Technical Honor Society
Founded 1984, NTHS currently serves over 4,200 career and technical schools and colleges throughout America. Activate your NTHS Chapter so that your high-achieving CTE students will be eligible for over $260,000 in NTHS Scholarships this school year.
NTHS provides unequaled, proven resources essential to honoring students, businesses, and industry professionals. Join with NTHS to honor your CTE students and local business and industry leaders for their loyalty, support, and guidance.
Navy ROTC scholarship (Deadline 12/31/2019)
Award amount: $ up to $2000,00
Applicants must use the online application to complete and submit all the required information in order to apply for the Navy ROTC scholarship.
This online application is extensive and may require several hours to complete. You are able to start the application and save your progress as you complete each section. We have provided an Application Information Checklist to assist you in gathering information and to streamline the process of applying for a scholarship.
Applicants are asked to pick five Navy ROTC affiliated colleges or universities in their scholarship application. If selected, you WILL BE PLACED AT YOUR FIRST CHOICE SCHOOL. Your second through fifth school choices are used to measure interest in the NROTC program at those schools only. If you are awarded a scholarship, it will be placed at your first choice school and may not be used at any other NROTC school without prior approval. You must apply to, be accepted at, and enroll in your assigned school in order to utilize the scholarship. Applying to more than just your first choice school will increase the chances for acceptance and enrollment and will therefore increase the opportunities to use a scholarship if selected.
Each applicant must also select an academic program in which they intend to major. All academic programs fall into three tiers relative to the Navy’s technical needs.
Scholarships will be awarded to a Navy ROTC unit in conjunction with the academic major and tier the applicant specified on their application. If offered the scholarship, the student will be expected to attend the school where their scholarship is placed and have the ability to request a change of placement as needed or desired. Requests are processed and approved by the NROTC Placement Office. The student must be mindful if they choose a cross-town school that there may be cross-town commuting costs and class timing issues which will need to be resolved. The enrolled school must support the academic major or equivalent for which the scholarship was awarded. Also, the student must have applied for admission to and been accepted at any school they wish to utilize the scholarship.
PB & J Scholarship (Deadline: 12/16/2019)
Award Amount: $1000
We are looking for students who have experienced challenges in their life that may not have allowed them to reflect well academically, but who have the drive to succeed. For the first time, we are opening this scholarship to Wasilla High School Students. We are excited to help you with your application. If you have any questions, pleas feel free to reach out!
- Open to all college-bound seniors at Wasilla High School
- Attending an accredited 2 or f year college in Fall 2020
SAR Knight Essay (Deadline: 01/31/2020)
The National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) invites all high school students (9th - 12th grades) interested in the American Revolution to participate in the George S. & Stella M. Knight Essay Contest. The contest is open to all students attending home schools, public, parochial, or private high schools in that same grade range.
Students of Integrity Scholarship
Better Business Bureau Serving the Northwest will again be offering our Students of Integrity Scholarship for the 2017-18 school year, opening for applications on Oct. 3, 2017. This is a $10,000 scholarship for the accredited post-high school institution of the winning student's choice. This includes trade schools, community, and four-year colleges. To apply, students will need to fill out a short online application and create a 90 second YouTube video about how BBB can help them make better decisions. The minimum GPA to apply is a 3.0.
Sullivan Solar Power Scholarship (Deadline: 12/31/19)
$2000 will be awarded twice a year to high school seniors or current college students, who have at least one parent or grandparent who is an immigrant to the United States and who has plans to use their college education to help create a sustainable future.
Eligibility Requirements: Currently enrolled college students and high school students who will be attending college after graduation. Students must have at least one parent or grandparent who is an immigrant to the United States.
Application Process: Submit an essay between 500 to 1,000 words. Applications will be accepted via email, through our website, or via regular mail.
Essay Topic: Sullivan Solar Power believes that every person can make a difference in the quest for a sustainable future, regardless of field of study. Explain to us how you plan to use your education to help to achieve this goal.
Young American Creativ Patriotic Art Awards (Deadline: 3/31/20)
1st Place $15,000
2nd Place $ 7,500
3rd Place $3,500
4th & 5th Place $1,500
6th-8th Place $$500
Students must be in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12. Students mus attend school in the same state as the sponsoring VFW Auxiliary. Home-School students are eligible; foreign-exchange students are not. Students must be a maximum of 18 years of age at the time of local entry, and they must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national. National winners of the past contests may not compete in future Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contests.