Air Force Aid Society
Grants ranging from $500 to $4,000 are awarded to eligible Air Force dependents each year. The specific amount awarded correlates to a student’s particular level of financial need.
A unique feature to this program – each grant awarded carries the name of an individual or organization exemplifying service to the USAF, and that biographical information is sent to each grant recipient. See a full listing of named Arnold Education Grants.
The Alaska Community Foundation
At the Alaska Community Foundation, we understand that researching and applying for scholarships is confusing and time-consuming. We wish to support you as much as we can during the application process. The good news is the earlier in high school you prepare to apply for scholarships, the more likely you are to be awarded one!
We have over 30 scholarships available, for which you may be eligible. Take a look at our quick step by step process that will help you navigate the scholarship process—from start to finish.
Arkansas Tour Guid Scholarship (Deadline: 12/31/2019)
Award amount: $1000
We want to see your favorite road trip destination(s) in your state— from your unique perspective. If it makes sense to hit the open road and be our virtual tour guide, that's great! But there are no limits to what we're looking for: a narrated animation, a slideshow of memorabilia, an illustrated map of the best roadside attractions on the way. This is a chance for you to showcase any place you love in as an original way as possible.
How do I choose a location?
The length of the road trip to your feature destrination is inconsequential. So if you have an awesome spot in mind that's just two miles from home, we want to see it.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States. Upon notification, winner(s) must supply a current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance.
- Create a video
- Post online
- Submit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your name, address and phone number whenyou submit
Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation
for High School Juniors
Any high school junior who plans to enroll in college in the fall of 2020 and is an American citizen or legal permanent resident is eligible to apply (unfortunately current high school seniors are not eligible to apply). All applications must be completed online and submitted by 5:00 PM Eastern Standart Time, Wednesday, January 23, 2019
College Board Scholarship Search
Scholarship List Collegeboard.com offers an extensive database of scholarship opportunities.
The College Board will provide unlimited SAT score reports for low-income students this spring. In addition, CSS Profile will become completely free for low-income students.
College Decision Day is quickly approaching as acceptance and award letters roll in. We have integrated some new tools into College Covered to make it easier for students to make an informed choice on where they go to college.
- Compare Award Letters: The Award Letter is an important factor for many families as they try to figure out which schools they can afford to send their student to. However, they’re not always written in the clearest language. Our Award Letter Comparison Tool, can help students and parents interpret their financial aid packages from up to 5 different schools to help determine which one is best for them.
- College Decision Day: Some of your students may know which school they want to attend without a doubt, but others may be a bit unsure. Either way, now that they’ve been accepted, making that final choice can be intimidating. That’s why we’ve created this handy quiz to help students decide what's the best fit.
- Scholarship Sweepstakes Award: It’s not too late to get more money for college. Your students and parents have a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship from Discover Student Loans! The first drawing is April 9, so be sure to have them visit College Covered to enter.
Cyrus Aldeman Scholarship Award
This scholarship goes to the first person of the 11% in the graduating class of WHS. Awardee will be notified by WHS and must attend banquet ceremony to receive the scholarship. No application required, you will be notified by your counselor if you are the lucky recipient of this award.
As part of our collection of business education resources, our in-house experts Prof. Dennis Masino and Jackie Giuliano, Ph.D. made a list of scholarships for accounting and business students.
It provides up-to-date information on 100+ privately funded awards available to college students. It contains detailed information on the awards that are available from private sources such as foundations, corporations, and religious and civic organizations.
It is our aim to help improve a student's chances of landing a scholarship by making the search process a little easier:
Free Speech Essay Contest
FIRE's essay contest - Students must submit an essay between 800 and 1, 000 words on the provided topic "Free Speech". One $10,000 first prize, one $5,000 second prize, and three $1,000 runner-up prizes will be awarded for the best essays. Four $500 winners will be chose from the remaining entrants in a drawing.
Kuskokwim Educational Foundation
- Must have attained high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Be admitted full-time or part-time into an accredited post-secondary or vocational training program
- Be a TKC Shareholder
- Complete the required application and materials by deadline
- All applicants must be in good academic standing (cumulative and term GPA 2.5 or higher)
In addition to meeting all other KEF General Scholarship criteria, Competitive Scholarship eligibility requirements include:
Leo morgan Memorial Scholarship
- Minimum GPA 3.5 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Aerospace major or closely related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher
Mary Morgan Wolf Memorial Scholarship
- A Native student from the Middle Kuskokwim region
- Health related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher
Glenn "Timy" Fredericks Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Business related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or gigher
Nick Mellick Memorial Scholarship
- Business related field of study
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher
- Must currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States or Canada.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
- Must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.)
- Must submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation.
- The essay, idea, or creation must be the applicant’s original work.
All submissions must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of each month. The submission window closes starting the 21st and will reopen on the 1st at 8:00 a.m.
Scholarship winners will be contacted via email and must respond within five(5) days of the date of the email to accept the award. If no response is received within this time, another recipient will be selected.
Mat-Su Valley City Council of
Beta Sigma Phi Scholarship (Deadline: 4/1/19)
The Mat-Su Beta Sigma Phi Chapters will present one scholarship for the 2018-19 school year in the amount of $2,000. In addition, the Epsilon Master Chapter will be offering the $1000.00 Frances Hulbert Memorial Scholarship.
Applicant must be Mat-Su Valley residents who are: graduating High School in the 2019 school year or individuals pursuing a degree or certificate program in college, vocational or a business school. An individual who has an appointment to a U.S Military Academy is not eligible.
National Technical Honor Society
Founded 1984, NTHS currently serves over 4,200 career and technical schools and colleges throughout America. Activate your NTHS Chapter so that your high-achieving CTE students will be eligible for over $260,000 in NTHS Scholarships this school year.
NTHS provides unequaled, proven resources essential to honoring students, businesses, and industry professionals. Join with NTHS to honor your CTE students and local business and industry leaders for their loyalty, support, and guidance.
P.E.O. Star Scholarship
(Deadline: Submitted between September 1 and November 1)
A woman is eligible to be recommended for the P.E.O. STAR Scholarship provided she:
• Exhibits excellence in leadership, academics, extracurricular activities, community service and potential for future success
• Is in the final academic year (senior year) of her secondary education and is 20 years of age or under at the end of the calendar year
• Has a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
• Plans to attend an accredited postsecondary educational institution in the United States or Canada, full-time or part-time, in the fall of the academic year following high school graduation
• Is recommended by and receives the vote of a local P.E.O. chapter
Qualified applicants will need to contact PEO Chapter Q Scholarship Committee, c/o Codie Costello P.O. Box 672425, Chugiak, AK 99567 or call 907 360-4960.
Because we like to walk alongside the applicant whose name we choose to forward to international, the deadline for contacting the chapter is May 1, 2019. This scholarship is for a female student finishing her junior year and entering her senior year and up to age 20.
OppU Achievers Scholarship (Deadline 12/31, 3/31, 6/30, & 9/30)
Eligibility: High school seniors, college students, graduate students; ccumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0; U.S. citizen or resident.
To Apply: Students submit a short response to the question "What makes you an achiever?"
Students of Integrity Scholarship
Better Business Bureau Serving the Northwest will again be offering our Students of Integrity Scholarship for the 2017-18 school year, opening for applications on Oct. 3, 2017. This is a $10,000 scholarship for the accredited post-high school institution of the winning student's choice. This includes trade schools, community, and four-year colleges. To apply, students will need to fill out a short online application and create a 90 second YouTube video about how BBB can help them make better decisions. The minimum GPA to apply is a 3.0.